Apple Music Sleep Timer – Apple’s native clock app in iOS has hidden features that allow users to go to bed at night with background music playing on their iPhone device, which will automatically stop after a set time, i.e. ideally after you fall asleep.
If you like to fall asleep with music playing but don’t want to leave your iPhone playing music all night long, you can turn on its sleep timer.
It is a really helpful tool in the Apple mobile device. If you don’t want your iPhone playing throughout a lullaby or music you were enjoying while asleep or an audiobook you were listening to while on the bed or a podcast series you are not awake to listen to, You can turn on apple music sleep timer. It can also help users save battery life. It will automatically turn off after a set time and reduce consumption of internet access if you are streaming music or radio over cellular. This article will show you how you can turn on or off the Apple music sleep timer.
How to Set A Sleep Timer on Apple Music
- From your apple mobile device home screen, Launch the control center.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen; On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the screen’s upper right “ear”.
- Tap on the Timer button.
- Using the dials keys, select the dials range that you want your audio to play for.
- Tap and set When the timer ends.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Stop playing.
- Tap “set” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Start” to start the timer.
You can now turn off the screen of your mobile iPhone and tuck into bed. If the timer end and you haven’t fallen asleep, You can resume your music process and reset the time.
Alternatively, You can set up a sleep timer for Apple music by automation routines on your iPhone mobile device. With this method, you can make music stop playing at a particular time every day.
This method works best for those with a regular routine; if your sleep time varies a lot, it’s not the best.
How to Switch Apple Music Sleep Timer Using Shortcut App
- Download the free shortcut app from the Apple store into your iPhone mobile app.
- Please open it and select the automation tab at the bottom.
- If you have never created automation on your iPhone, tap on the create Personal Automation blue button. Otherwise, tap the plus (+) button at the top-right corner and then tap create personal automation.
- Now select the time of the day and choose when you would like to pause apple music and tap next.
- Tap the add button.
- In the search bar at the top, type pause. Now you can tap Play/Pause.
- Once again, tap Play/Pause and select Pause from the menu at the bottom.
- Now tap Next and disable Ask before running.
You can now just play music every time you want to go to bed, and your iPhone will automatically pause it at the time you set.