Becoming a Lyft driver is an excellent way to becoming a boss of your own, earning passive income and working during your own convenient time and pace.
All you need to become a Lyft driver is a car, the app and you also need to meet the requirements. However, there are important aspects you need to take into consideration before making the final decision of becoming a Lyft driver.
You need to think about how much profit you stand to gain if your personality fits into the job description and if you are really comfortable driving others in your car.
As a Lyft driver, you stand to enjoy lots of perks, enjoy occupational freedom, and make money, but you also have to examine yourself and other factors before making your decision. Let’s help you out with some tips you need to consider before venturing into becoming a Lyft driver.
Tips for Becoming a Lyft Driver
As a Lyft driver you get to enjoy more freedom than you get to enjoy while doing an office job, however, it may not be easy as it seems, which is why you need to pay attention to these tips.
- The first thing you need to do before becoming a Lyft driver is determining first if the job is what you want. You have to ensure the job fits into your personality, most drivers are friendly to customers, and if you are not okay with communicating with strangers then maybe you should think twice before taking this job.
- Think about your location; if there are so many drivers in your location, you may not get the opportunity to make profit. Your profit may be dependent on your working hours, your location and the number of drivers there. Make sure your location, working hours and other factors are in your favor.
- You have to also take into consideration how much you earn as a Lyft driver before deciding to become one. Customers get to pay a base fare, the distance traveled and cost per minute is calculated to get a total of payment per trip. Drivers are paid a minimum fare for each trip despite how short the journey is, drivers can also get additional cash through bonuses and tips customers offer them.
- If you are ready to drive up to six hours or more per day, ready to be your own boss and also ready to discipline yourself to work according to your own schedule, then you are ready to become a Lyft driver. If you are not, then this job is not cut out for you.
Lyft Driver Requirements
You need to meet certain requirements before you can become a Lyft driver.
- Lyft drivers must be up to 21 years of age and must have a valid license for over a year.
- Drivers must pass a background check before they can complete their application to become Lyft drivers.
- Must have an in-state license as well
- Your vehicle must have current tags and valid registration
- Also, your car must have a car insurance policy
- Your vehicle must meet the state’s requirement seating requirement and other important requirements to meet the Lyft requirements.
How to Start a Lyft Driver’s Application
To start the application process of becoming a Lyft driver, follow these steps:
- Visit Lyft’s application requirements page
- Enter your phone number and verify it
- Add your vehicle information
- Add your driver’s license information
- Then agree to a background check
- Go for a vehicle inspection
- Then finally check your application status to know if your application has been accepted.
Once your application has been approved and you are totally okay with becoming a Lyft driver, then nothing is holding you back.