VPN is certainly one of those tech terms you hear a lot when you are around techies. VPN stands for “virtual private networking”, it is a security mechanism on the internet for both public and private networks used to securely send and receive data.
Theoretically, all the traffic that passes through a VPN Online connection is secure. It cannot be intercepted by any intruder which makes it safe to browse with privately.
So in theory, the use of a VPN connection can prevent your internet service providers (ISP) or even the government from accessing your internet history.
Some of the other services of a VPN aside from keeping you secured and private while on the internet is that it can be used to reroute your location. For example, if you need to access a certain service which requires you to be at a certain location (which of course you are not in).
You can use a VPN to change your current location to where you desire.
Furthermore, the service can be used to avoid throttling on your internet connection. So if you are on a service that caps your internet speed, a VPN service is your solution.
However, you need to bear in mind that, VPN online setups are only one of the layers in a chain of system security, thus, if your device has already be invaded with a malware, a VPN won’t do much for you but an antivirus works better in such scenario.
Now, they are over 400 VPN services available on mobile and desktops each with its own pros and cons. 400 is definitely a lot and without doubt, making the right choice is not very easy.
This article aims to ease the decision for you by narrowing it down to the best 5 currently available. So if you’re thinking of getting yourself a VPN service this year, Tecrada.com is the right spot for you.
Best VPN Online service providers of 2018
- ExpressVPN: this VPN online service provider offers you over 1800 servers, in over 145 locations across 94 countries, and about 30,000 IP addresses. Their services are tailored to suit all clients using mobile and desktop platforms. The most interesting and exciting part of ExpressVPN is that they produce their own firmware for routers, they also offer VPN browser extension. ExpressVPN offers incredible VPN solution and an amazing support system for clients. Check out their offers here.
- IPVanish: this provider offer over 900 servers, in over 60 different locations and about 40,000 IP addresses. IPVanish is one of the fastest networks and has zero log policy which means increased privacy. Although their prices are a bit on the steep side, IPVanish’s internet speed and choice of location are great. Check out their offers here.
- VyprVPN: VyprVPN offers its clients over 700 servers, in 70 different locations and about 200,000 IP addresses. It comes with lots of extras to make things easy for users. An example is an auto-connect option, the kill switch and an extra layer of security. This extra security is powered by VyprVPN’s Chameleon protocol, the platform also has a great user interface. Check out their offers here.
- NordVPN: this VPN provider offers clients over 2000 servers in 61 locations. Offers great internet speed, extra security layers and flexible payment options including Bitcoin and PayPal. They offer connections for up to 6 different devices on both mobile and desktop platforms. Check out their offers here.
- TunnelBear: TunnelBear VPN online provides users with over 1000 servers in more than 20 different locations. They offer an incredibly easy to use platform for all users. TunnelBear was designed with laymen and beginners in mind, so it’s very handy and user-friendly. It allows 5 connections on different devices. Check out their offers here.
We’ve tried to help you narrow it down a notch and we believe now the choice is simpler for you. Visit each provider’s website to view their payment plans and check out more of their services.