BigCommerce SEO Tips – Having an online store is one step to promoting your business, using the right e-commerce for hosting your online store is another important aspect but then marketing and selling your products through the platform is considered the most important.
Bigcommerce is considered one of the most popular e-commerce platforms for both small and large businesses; it has quite useful features that make it easy for users to set up online stores and start selling their products.
However, delivering traffic through SEO is a whole different thing. SEO, which is Search Engine Optimisation, is an essential tool online merchants can use to optimize their online websites to gain organic traffic and get a high ranking on the search results page.
SEO is an important marketing strategy that online merchants can use to promote their business more and boost their sales; however, online merchants need to know how to use this tool effectively on their BigCommerce store.
Bigcommerce has vital features that search engines use in ranking websites on the search result page, but knowing how to use these features effectively is what will determine how well your site functions on the SEO ranking.
Bigcommerce is mobile friendly, has clean URLs, Security, on-page SEO, and the site speed is quite fast, so Bigcommerce is definitely good with SEO.
BigCommerce is considered one of the best e-commerce platforms for SEO; however, you still need to do some work on your website if you want it to rank better on the search result page. We will give you the necessary tips you need to do so
SEO Tips for Bigcommerce Store
You can try out these tips to ensure your BigCommerce store is performing well enough on the search results page:
- Use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), most web users do not like visiting unsecured websites, even if they do visit your site, which is not secured, they may not want to patronize your store. It is important to have a secured website and also important to set up your store’s security effectively.
- After registering your site on Google search console and Bing Webmaster Tools, you must submit an XML map of your website to both platforms.
- You need to ensure that your Bigcommerce page loads quite fast, this is one key feature for ranking pages on the search result page. To make your page load faster, you need to use compression tools to reduce file size, avoid using a large number of web fonts, minimize the use of external scripts and also enable Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) format for your BigCommerce posts and page.
- Modify page titles to ensure they start with the focus keywords; Search engines use these titles as very vital information in SEO categorization. So, make sure your page title is not vague but contains the focus keywords users will likely search for.
- Optimize your images by adding alt text and file names, SEO algorithm also analyses the images on your site and not only the words while ranking pages. You need to ensure that the alt text and file names are up to SEO standards.
- Use clean URLs for your site that works well on SEO ranking.
- Then, add structured data on your site to help searchers or visitors understand your page better.
- Create good contents and also focus on the backlink of the site
- Ensure there are as many ranking signals as possible on your page; this will help you determine the quality of your on-page SEO.
In conclusion, Bigcommerce sites work well with SEO; however, you need to put in some effort if you want your website to perform better on Search engines ranking. Just follow the tips we have outlined for you and your site will definitely perform better on SEO ranking.