For many, Canada is a dream destination for a graduate school education or work. If you are one of such people, this article on Canada Immigration Plan 2022 will make you very happy! Click here to get started:
According to the Canadian Immigration Minister; Sean Fraser the Canada immigration plan 2022 is set to welcome over 430,000 new immigrants this year. This is an increase for the initial plan to welcome 411,000 newcomers.
This presents amazing opportunity for those looking to migrate to Canada! And they are many routes to take to get to this amazing destination.
Recommended: Work Visa Sponsorship in Canada
Some of these routes includes; The Canadian Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and The International Mobility Program (IMP). The TFWP has some further requirements to qualify including; a labor market test, that is the labor market impact assessment (LMIA).
Types of Canadian Work Permit
So as we’ve already mentioned, if you want to move to Canada and legally work there you need work permit else you’ll face deportation. The good news is that they are two types of immigration work permit access to Canada this 2022:
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) which usually requires a labor market impact assessment (LMIA) for foreign nationals to obtain a work permit and,
- The International Mobility Program (IMP) this does not require the LMIA for foreign nationals.
How to Get the Canadian Work Permit?
The Canadian federal government agencies in charge of immigration and work permits are;
- The department of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) which is in charge of reviewing the LIMA and deciding whether to approve or reject the application.
- The department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). If you need LMIA approval meaning you are applying for the TFWP, you must obtain it before proceeding to submit an application to IRCC. However, if LMIA do not require the LMIA, meaning you are applying for IMP, you will still need to apply to IRCC for a work permit.
With a legitimate Canadian work permit, you get the opportunity to legally work in Canada for a short period of time.
Requirements for Canadian Work Permit
As promised, we’ll help you get all the information you need to start making you Canadian immigration plan a reality. Some of the requirements you must meet before you get the Canadian Work Permit includes;
- Job offer letter
- Employment contracts
- A copy of the LMIA and the LMIA number (for TFWP applicants)
How to Apply for Canadian Work Visa
The procedure for applying for the Canadian Work Visa is pretty straightforward and due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you can now make the Canada work visa applications online.
Here are they steps to apply for Canadian Work Visa;
- Visit the official Canada immigration website
- Carefully read the instruction to fully understand what you need because ignorance is not an excuse.
- Ensure you have all the requirements needed to collect your application
- Prepare your answers to the questions that would follow as described on the website
- And finally, submit your Canadian work visa application as directed
Hopefully by completing your application with all the necessary documentation, you’ll be successful and been granted a visa.
Canada Border Services and Requirements
If you are successful and have been granted a visa, your next plans should be to travel but you should be aware of some of the requirements that the Canadian border services will need to clear you for entry into Canada.
Also check out: Jobs in Canada for Foreigners without Experience
You should be ready to present the following documents:
- Your passport
- Port of entry (POE) letter
- A valid job offer proof, and proof of vaccination
- Proof of funds
- Proof of health insurance
- A ticket for your departure from Canada or sufficient funds to purchase a departure ticket.
Canada is really opening up to immigrants and is no doubt a great destination for many. If you are looking to immigrate to Canada, hopefully this article on Canada Immigration Plan 2022 has been very insightful. Remember to follow all the procedures as we have specified or share this article to your friends and loved ones who are looking to immigrate legally to Canada for work.