Change Facebook Name – You may be eager to change your Facebook name either for fun or because you got a new name or just got married and you don’t know how to go about changing your name.
Well, changing your Facebook name is easy; however, you can’t go about changing your Facebook name, every time you like.
If you no longer like your Facebook name and you wish to add something more official, or you recently got married and wish to add your partner’s surname Facebook allows you to do so.
However, before you jump into changing your name, you should know that there are some names not allowed on Facebook.
You must abide by Facebook’s standard if you want your new name to be accepted. Now you can’t add names with symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization or repeated characters or punctuations on your names.
Furthermore, you cannot add names from multiple languages. And you can’t add words or phrases in place of names.
Also, your name must match your actual name or names in either your birth certificate, marriage certificate, drivers’ license or any other document you have submitted to Facebook’s ID list.
They may not be exact names, but you have to add variations of your real name in your new name. You can also use nicknames as your Facebook name, but they should match your real name a bit.
You also have to bear in mind that you can’t change Facebook name whenever you like, you can change your name only after 60 days.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook App
If you are ready to change your Facebook name, then you can follow these steps to do so on your mobile device:
- Open your Facebook app on your device
- Tap the three horizontal lines (menu icon) at the top right of your Android device and the bottom right of your iPhone device.
- Then click on SETTINGS and scroll down the menu page and you will find the Settings option close to the bottom.
- On the Settings page Tap on ACCOUNT SETTINGS to get to your account settings page.
- Click “General” at the top of the page and then tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Then you can edit your name by typing into the “First Name” “Last Name” and “Middle Name” in the appropriate field.
- Then you can review the changes you have made for mistakes
- And choose the display option for your name from the variations of names Facebook displays to you.
- Then finally enter your password and click “Save Changes” this will automatically change your Facebook name.
Edit Name On Facebook Via Desktop
To change your Facebook name on your Facebook desktop:
- Open your Facebook account through any browser of your choice
- Then click the downward-facing arrow on the top of your page
- Click SETTINGS at the bottom of the menu page
- Click the General tab, then click on Your Name at the top of the page.
- Then you can edit your name by filling Your First Name, Middle Name and Last Name in the appropriate field.
- Then you can review the changes you have made and select the display option.
- Finally, enter your password and click SAVE CHANGES. Congrats! You now have a new Facebook name