A funny and dramatic new look that is easy on the eyes and helps you focus on your work has been designed for the chrome app, and it is known as the chrome dark mode theme.
Dark mode allows users to use their phones comfortably without stressing their eyes, and it’s great for the device battery life. Enabling the dark mode or dark theme doesn’t mean that every web page you browse will be dark.
The new dark mode makes it easier to stay focused on your work because your content feature stands out while darkened controls and windows recede into the background. The new chrome theme simply changes the homepage, tools bar, setting menu, and some other pages in the Google Chrome app.
Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode on Android Devices
Chrome has a new dark mode on Android devices, use the steps below to enable it for your Android devices.
- Go to your Android device and open the Google Chrome app.
- Tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the page.
- Click settings.
- Select themes.
- Choose the theme you’d like — system default, dark, or light.
- Click the dark theme.
To activate chrome dark mode theme on Android, make sure your Chrome app is up to date.
Enable Chrome Dark Theme on iPhone Device
Using dark chrome mode on iPhone devices enables a great viewing experience, especially in a low light environment. To turn on the dark mode on an iPhone device, follow the guidelines below;
- Go to your iPhone device settings.
- Tap the display and brightness bar.
- From the option that appears, toggle on the dark mode option.
Chrome will automatically switch from light to dark, which you can check by restarting the app.
Enable Chrome Dark Mode for Windows
To enable this new chrome theme on Windows PC, follow the steps below;
- Open your PC Chrome browser.
- In the URL section, enter chrome://flags.
- Select force dark mode for web content from the options that appeared on your chrome page.
- Toggle the enable force dark mode for web content.
- Restart your Chrome browser app.
Your chrome browser is now on dark mode and ready to use. You can also go through the same settings to disable it if you don’t need it anymore.
Enabling the dark mode setting for Google Chrome is quite simple for Android devices, but to enable it on your Windows browser, you have To go through flags settings.
However, every app is trying to add a dark mode feature to their theme settings options, so you can choose accordingly, which one is good for your working environment.