Clear Facebook Search History – Getting to search for various stuff is nice and all, but having a pilled-up search history can become weird. Especially when we don’t want other people to get into our histories, some things are clearly better-kept secret.
The fact remains that changes are inevitable; the more days that go by, the more the tendency of change, especially on the internet, and Facebook, with its ever-changing privacy settings is sure no exception.
In this article, you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to Clear Facebook Search History, meaning you get to save yourself unnecessary drama, so sit back, relax, and read through to learn more.
A GUIDE ON HOW TO CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY ON FACEBOOK
Depending on which suits you best, you could choose to clear your Facebook history through your PC or mobile device. So below is a guide on how to clear Facebook search history through your phone and your browser.
Clearing your Facebook search history through your computer browser:
- You’ll need to head to your Facebook profile page on your browser.
- Check the right-hand side of your browser and click on the View Your Activity Log option.
- Then check for “More” in the menu displayed on the left side beneath likes and reactions.
- The menu will show all filters.
- Tap on the Search History.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to view your search history.
- Delete individual search by clicking on the Edit option, which is beside the entry option, then click on the Delete button.
Note: you could also choose to clear the whole search history at a go by clicking on the Clear Searches option. With that done, your history is cleared and can’t be reaccessed by anyone.
CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY FACEBOOK APP
- Click on the Active Log option beneath your Facebook profile photo.
- Click on the Filter button, which can be found at the top of your device screen.
- Search for the Search history by scrolling down.
- Click on the Search History, then click on the Clear Search and select the Confirm button.
Once that’s done, your search history has been cleared successfully though you can also choose to get rid of individual entries by clicking on the item to be deleted and tap the Delete option.
With all that above, deleting your Facebook search history is going to be super easy and fast. Follow the prompts and enjoy a cleared-up search history.
Please note that clearing up your history can be pretty bumpy in the sense that Facebook usually makes use of your search history to personalize your Facebook feed. However, if you’re less concerned about that, enjoy clearing up your history, and I do hope this article was really helpful.