eBay create account – eBay is one of the largest marketplaces online where varieties of items are posted for sale for buyers to discover, especially items that are difficult to find.
eBay makes it convenient for you to sell old items or items you no longer want to use, and you can also sell your business products on the platform.
You can browse through eBay without having an account, but before you can buy & sell on the platform, you will have to create an account.
There are two types of eBay account- Business account and Personal account, and both accounts are quite easy to create. Let’s walk you through the steps of creating an eBay account…
How to Create Personal eBay Account
You can sell your personal items on eBay, but before you do so, you will have to create an account first; also, you need to be up to 18 years of age before you can create an eBay account. Follow these steps to create your personal account:
- Go to www.eBay.com through any web browser of your choice.
- Once on the page click the REGISTER at the top-left corner of the screen
- You can then choose to register your account with your email, Google account, or Facebook account. If you wish to register with your email, just provide your email, last &first name, and password.
- To Create an Account with Facebook or Google Account, simply click CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK or CONTINUE WITH GOOGLE button at the right side of the page.
- After you’ve provided the necessary information, you will be redirected to eBay’s homepage. And your account is now ready for buying and selling.
- To personalize your eBay account click MY EBAY button at the top right corner of the screen and continue setting up your account.
- You can add valuable personal information on your eBay account through the PERSONAL INFO tab. Important info like shipping addresses, about the account, security password, and others.
- To add a payment option, just click the PAYMENT tab so you can add your PayPal account or credit or debit account details. Just click on the PayPal account link on the page to add already existing PayPal account details.
- Through the ACCOUNT PREFERENCES option, you can edit eBay payment, selling settings, and more.
How to Create eBay Business Account
Creating an eBay account for business simply involves converting your account into a business account, and this is very easy:
- Just login to your eBay account and navigate to your Account settings either through “My eBay” on the homepage, or you can find it under the “Personal Info” tab.
- Tap Account Settings under the Account type and hit EDIT to start the process of converting personal account to business account.
- Alternatively, you can create a business account by visiting eBay’s homepage and click REGISTER at the top left corner of the screen. Then click CREATE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
- You will then be prompted to add your business details like legal business name and email and other business details, then click REGISTER.
Now you are done with creating an eBay account, you can start buying and selling on the platform.