Facebook Music Groups – Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms and can serve as an effective medium for connecting with lots of individuals. No, matter what field you are into, whether you are a musician, business owners, a blogger you need Facebook to promote yourself and communicate with your fans or customers.
If you are an owner of a band, you can create a Facebook page or Facebook group to communicate and connect with your fans. You can share important announcements through Facebook, and you can promote your music better to your target audience. There are over 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook, so if you are not promoting yourself on the platform, then you are missing out on a lot.
For users who wish to join popular music groups to keep up with news updates or get in touch with other music lovers, Facebook is just the right place for you to do so. There are numerous Facebook groups you can join and keep in touch with music lovers like you.
How to Create Facebook Music Groups
You can create your own music group to create a community of music lovers like you or to promote your music through such groups.
Creating such groups is quite easy and can do you a lot of good, this can become a platform which you can use to promote other musicians on Facebook.
- Go to your menu bar on your Facebook screen, scroll to the group section and click GROUPS
- Click CREATE GROUP link
- A new page will open, add your group details there
- Give your Music group a name on the NAME YOUR GROUP option
- Click the ADD SOME PEOPLE option on the page, start by adding your friends on Facebook, Facebook requires this.
- Choose if you want your group to be an open or closed one from your privacy options.
- Then click CREATE, after choosing Facebook group privacy settings by tapping the create button.
- Choose a cover photo for easy identification of your group. The cover photo differs from that of your personal account or business page, so you have to choose the appropriate size.
- On the about section, add important details of your group for prospective members.
- Edit group settings are the next step, from there you can choose to change the group name, description, group type, linked pages, privacy settings, and membership approval. You can decide to set up group address, add an email where people can send messages to your group directly; you can change group description, change posting permissions and decide if only admins should be posting in the group, you can also edit post-approval and decide of posts must be approved by admin. It allows you to set the group settings the way you want as the owner of the group.
- Once you are done editing some important details for your new group, click SAVE.
- And that’s all you need to do to own your music group; you can now promote music on the platform and communicate with other music lovers.
- Just keep posting awesome contents relating to your type of group and interacting with other group members. You can keep music alive on Facebook through your music group, and your group can become one of the most popular music groups on Facebook.
How to Join Facebook Music Groups
If you cannot create Facebook groups or if you don’t want your own music group on Facebook, you can join already existing ones by following these steps.
- Search for music groups on the Facebook search bar, using specific keywords. You can search for Music groups, search for groups relating to the kind of music you love, and you will find them on Facebook.
- From the list of search results that appear, choose the specific one you wish to join.
- Just click JOIN GROUP and wait for an admin’s approval.
- If you want to know about a group before you join, you can check out the about section to see member’s profiles and know the kind of group it is.
- Once you become a group member, you can get news updates about music concerts or soon to be dropped albums, and keep in touch with other music lovers.
How to Create Facebook Page for Music Groups
You can create a Facebook page for your music groups, upload music contents for fans to see and reach your target audience. Your Facebook page can become a good way to sell your music or that of group members to the right audience.
Of course, you might need to use Facebook ads to promote your page and reach your target audience. You can use your Facebook page to build an audience for your band and connect with your fans.
You can easily advertise your music through your Facebook page, to get tons of likes, to announce a drop of new albums and to keep getting followers on Facebook.
Facebook page insights also give you analytical results on your page’s performance, the reach of your posts, audience engagement, and a breakdown of your fans and visitors demographics. Now, how do you create a Facebook page for your music group, let’s show you how.
- Go to your personal Facebook account click on CREATE A PAGE on your menu bar
- From the drop-down menu on the create option, click on PAGE
- Choose the type of business you are creating the page for; the options include local business or place, company, organization or institution, brand or product, artist, band or public figure, entertainment and cause or community.
- Choose Musician/Brand from the category
- Click on business type asking for more business info; you will be prompted to enter a brand name, title. You also have to choose a business category that explains what your business offers.
- Then click GET STARTED, by clicking get started you are accepting Facebook’s terms and conditions for business pages.
- Upload your page profile photo; you can choose a brand logo or any image that represents your business.
- Select a cover photo which would appear as your brand background image.
- You will then be prompted by Facebook to invite your friends to like the page.
- Add other additional business details, enter your website, hours, and contact information. On the ABOUT section, you can add useful info about your business for interested customers.
- Then click the blue plus icon ADD A BUTTON below your business page cover photo, you can choose one of the add a button option to act as your Facebook page call-to-action, which can help you generate more leads and also increase sales. You can either choose: Book with You, Contact You, Learn More, and Shop with you or Make a donation, or Download your app or Play your game.
- After setting up your brand page, you can start promoting your music and band to your target audience using Facebook sponsored ads.
- You can use short video ads to promote your music on Facebook.
In summary, you can promote your music through Facebook, you can either join music groups to help you promote or sell your music, or you can create a Facebook page. Your Facebook page can help you keep in touch with fans as well as sell your music to them. Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms, and if you are not using it to promote yourself, you are missing out on a huge opportunity.