Like we already know Google powers Gmail, and Gmail users are required to set up Google accounts to have a Gmail account. Gmail provides a platform for users to write, send and receive messages from others. Its variety of features make it even more interesting to interact with people on the platform.
You need to provide some personal details when setting up an account. These details give you access to your Gmail recovery at any time through an internet connected device. Google accounts work in tandem with Google apps, so if you have no Google account, you will need to do so. If you do, you just have to enter your email address and password. And click sign in to enjoy Gmail services with your mobile app.
Gmail Recovery and Password Reset
But what happens when you lose these login details like your password? Do you get it back or does it remain lost? Trust me there are ways to recover that password and Gmail account
You can simply do so by:
- You have to first make sure you have a secondary email address linked to your google account, and you have to be sure you have not logged in for five days.
- Click FORGOT PASSWORD in Gmail login page
- Type email address on the account support page if prompted to do so by Google.
- Click NEXT
- You will also be asked a number of security questions by Gmail to verify you are the owner of the account
- Enter the accurate answer for each question and click NEXT
- If you can’t answer the question or don’t have access to the secondary email address then,
- Click TRY A DIFFERENT QUESTION and proceed to receive a new password.
NO ACCESS TO YOUR SECONDARY ACCOUNT OR EMAIL ADDRESS AND USERNAME?
If you have no access to your secondary account or your main account username and email address then you have to:
- Visit Google Account Recovery Page
- Enter your email address or username
- Click I DON’T KNOW when asked the last password you remember
- Then, click verify identity located under the options.
- You will also be asked a series of questions by Google to confirm it’s your account.
- An email will be sent to you but if you do not receive it. Search your spam or Bulk folders
- Add email@example.com to your address
- Request another email and repeat the steps above.
- Check all email addresses you might have used to sign up your account and add the email address in the procedures above.
- Choose a fresh password
HAVE ACCESS TO SECONDARY ACCOUNT OR YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND USERNAME?
If you have access to your secondary email or you have your email address you simply:
- Visit Google login page
- And click the address or the username of your account or support account
- Then, select SUBMIT
- A password reset link will then be sent to your inbox
- Click on the URL provided in the email
- And enter a new password.
Quite easily done! With your new password, you can access your Gmail account. With Google Apps, it may be easier to recover the password.