Google Classroom is a free collaboration application meant for educators, as a teacher this tool can be quite useful to you in the organization and management of school work. As a
Google classroom saves you time and paper; it helps you organize all your student’s documents and manage them easily from one place. You can post assignments, communicate with students, and send feedback to your students. Teachers and students are enjoying the benefits that come with this platform before you can enjoy these benefits you need to sign up.
How Do You Sign Up On Google Classroom
You can sign into Google classroom through any of these account types:
This account is created by an accredited school, and it is also known as a G Suite for Education Account. Your school admin or teacher is likely to have your login details for your school account.
Personal Google Account
You can also set up a personal account for the classroom, and you can use it outside of the school’s setting. This kind of account can also be set up by a parent or Guardian or by a student. Parents don’t have access to the classroom, but they can receive email summaries of their children’s performance.
G Suite account
This is set up an organization’s admin.
To sign in for Google Classroom account, follow these steps:
- Visit Google classroom webpage, then click GO TO CLASSROOM
- Enter your Google account username
- Enter your password, then click NEXT
- Read the welcome message and click ACCEPT.
- Notify if you are a Student or a Teacher if you are using a G suite for Education Account.
- Then click GET STARTED.
- Teachers can then create classes, and students can join classes.
What Should You Do When You Are Having Trouble Signing In
You can run into some kind of troubles when you are trying to sign in to Google classroom, and we will tell you what to do when you see such errors.
- When you see this error message, “Your administrator hasn’t activated classroom, this means that the administrator has not turned on your account. What you need to do is contact the IT administrator.
- If you see this error message “This service has been disabled,” this means classroom is not yet activated for your account. And what you need to do is contact the IT administrator to take care of the problem.
- If you see this error message “You can’t use Classroom for this account,” this means you have signed into the classroom with the wrong account, and you will need to sign out and sign in again.
- If your classroom admin is not yet activated, this means your school does not have G suite for Education, and your school needs to sign up for G suite Education.
Areas You Can Access When You Sign In
Teachers and Students can click the Menu icon to access other areas of the platform once they sign in.
- Teachers can
create classes, and students can join classes.
- You can access
your settingsto change profile photo and password.
- Teachers can see the
class calendarsand track the progress of student’s work. And students can also checkout the class calendar too.
- Teachers can
create classesand Add students; you can create different kinds of classes for eachclass you teach. Google gives you a class code that enables you to add studentsto your classroom.
- You can view the students in your class by clicking the Students section. From this Student section, you can also determine if your students can comment on assignments, announcements, and other posts you make.
- The Stream Section allows you to find the assignments, subjects, and questions you create.
- Students can submit assignments to you, and you can open them and grade them from there. You can check out files submitted to through class Google drive folder.
- You can also share webpages with your classroom, videos, and other materials that will aid the learning process.
- Teachers can use the Question feature to attach specific questions to certain topics of discussion. You can add short or multiple questions for your student to answer. This helps to spark up conversations while learning.
- Google also helps you tabulate the results of student’s performance as they answer questions; this tabulation is done in real time. Google can also help you identify students who choose the right answers.
- You can respond to students, send them private email messages, and even grade them right on the classroom.
- You can make announcements using Google classroom to remind students about assignments and the due date for submitting them.
- Google classroom is a great way to communicate with your students, manage student’s documents and assignments, grade them, and give them feedback. It is an excellent way of promoting interactions and collaborations between teachers and students.
How to Create Google Classroom
Teachers can create classrooms where they can handle school work with ease online, invite students, and communicate with them. If you are part of those confused about how you can create a classroom, just pay attention to these steps.
To create a Google classroom, follow these steps:
- Go to Google classroom web page or open your Google classroom app.
- Click the plus Icon at the top of the Welcome screen and choose Create Class.
- Type the name of the class and the section of the class on the Dialogue box.
- Then click Create.
How to Join Google Classroom as a Student
To join Google classroom, you need to sign in using an internet connected device and join created classes. Once you join a class, you can get info shared on the class and communicate with your teacher.
To join Google Classroom, you can either:
- Join using the class code; this code is given out by your teacher, then you can add yourself.
To join a class with a class code.
- Simply go to classroom home page
- Then click the Plus icon, then click Join Class.
- Enter the code your teacher gave to you and click JOIN.
- You can join the classroom by accepting your teacher’s invitation. Just go to Classroom homepage.
- Then click JOIN on the class card on the homepage.
Google Classroom makes classroom work easier for teachers and creates an even better platform for interaction and communication between teachers and Students.