Hangout is a popular communication platform from Google that facilitates direct and instant communication between two or more users. Google hangout is a built-in feature on Google+, Gmail, Google voice, and it is compatible with both iOS devices and Android devices. This feature was initially known as Google Talk, but Google added new features to this platform and changed it to Hangout chat.
Google hangout has features that enable the user to express themselves better and communicate with one another with ease. It is simply a unified communications service that enables the use of text, voice, or video call for group chat or one-on-one chat.
Now Hangout has been split into two separate platforms to improve the chatting experience of users and help them connect better with each other.
These two platforms created by Google aim to allow teams (like work colleagues working on the project) work better collaboratively even after work hours. It enables this team to use tools like Google drive to save their documents, use the camera feature to connect with others, and conduct meetings online.
What is Google Hangout Chat?
Hangout has been split into; Hangout Meet and Hangout Chat which are both geared at creating ways for teams to communicate collaboratively and for them to enjoy better chatting experience while doing so.
Google hangout chat is simply the business platform on hangout that enables teams to communicate or discuss about projects through direct messaging. Work colleagues can share ideas on a project and perform other work-related tasks through this platform.
Hangout is a new professional communication service developed by Google to enhance collaborative interaction and communication between business partners or work colleagues. This platform is only limited to companies with the G suite package, and companies can communicate and share work documents right on this platform. Hangout chat is simply the business sector of Google Hangout. Companies with G suite packages can start the plans from the basic plan to the plans that suit their pricing.
Features of Hangout Chat?
Hangout chat is the business sector on hangout, where you can discuss everything business. This platform has features that make it easy to conduct business communication and interaction with your business partners or work colleagues.
This is part of hangout chat, and it enables teams to conduct business functions easily on the platform. This aspect of Google chat has features like threaded conversations that enable team members to check and keep track of the success of discussion on the platform.
It also enables you to share contents from document and Drive and also view things like photos and videos directly on your conversation thread. The filterable searches feature enables you to go back to old messages on the various discussions.
- Third party integrations that enable users to do lots more within a conversation, these third-party integrations come in the form of the bot. And helps to improve communication between team members. These bots are more like Google Assistant bots that help to schedule meetings for your team.
- Hangout chat enables users to send messages to other users who are using Google for business. The platform is only for users or companies that have G-suite accounts, and these services are paid for from time to time.
- You can access your Google hangout on any device wherever you are; this helps you keep stay connected to your team no matter the location you find yourself.
- Bots available on this platform creates smarter chats and helps you make more efficient direct messages.
- With the use of Vault, admins can store, preserve, and export chat-specific data.
- Google hangout also use enterprise-grade security that keeps chat info safe and private. These security systems include two-factor authentication, single sign-on, admin settings, Vault retention, holds, and others.
- This platform auto-starts whenever Google chrome starts.
- The settings option enable users to configure the platform.
- The Drive bots enable you to know when people request to access your document; you also get to know when documents have been shared with you and when comments have been made
How Do You Delete or Turn Off Google Hangout Chat History
Deleting a message means that old conversation will no longer be available to you. However, it will still be visible to others on the platform. But when you turn off or turn on chat history, it changes for everyone in the conversation.
To turn off or turn on the conversation:
- Go to on your Gmail or through hangout.google.com
- Tap to open a conversation, then click SETTINGS at the top.
- Then locate the CONVERSATION HISTORY option, then you choose to check or uncheck it.
- Checked means that the history is turned on and messages on your hangout can be seen. Then you can uncheck it to stop hangout messages from being seen on your devices.
- If it is Unchecked, it means your message history is turned off, and messages can only be visible for a short time. This means the messages are not saved and will be deleted.
- Then click OK
How Do You Download Hangout Chat App
Google hangout improves business communication and interaction for work partners and business partners.
To download the app:
- Go to Google play store
- Then type in the name of the app on the search bar
- Select the right app from the list of search results. Then click DOWNLOAD and INSTALL
- Finally, after downloading and installing, you can start enjoying the platform.
Google hangout chat is specifically for business purposes; the features enable users to send direct messages to their team and conduct other business-related functions. With Hangout Chat, teams can easily collaborate efficiently.
With features like dedicated, virtual rooms to threaded conversations, which make it easy and simple to track progress and follow up tasks. According to Google hangout chat currently supports 28 languages and each room can support up to 8,000 members. This platform is available to users with G-suite accounts and quite beneficial for work-related discussions and projects.
Hangout chat is offered to G-suite customers and enables them to share documents, sheets, and slides through drive and collaborate with work colleagues. When it comes to working, professionalism is needed; working together with colleagues at work to achieve results is one way you can be a professional, and Google hangout chat makes this easy to do.