Google hangout is a platform for teams to communicate directly with one another and discuss topics on the project even after work hours. The business platform of Google Hangout is Google Hangout Chat, which has features that enables Google business account users to facilitate collaborative discussions and interaction between work colleagues or business parties. with Google Hangout Group you can get this going with ease.
Hangout is also an interesting platform for friends to catch up through video calls, voice calls, or text messages. Google Hangout enables you to start a conversation with as many as 150 users and make video calls with up to 10 people so that you can catch up with all your friends all at once. Now, this article will open your eyes to lots of things you need to know about Group Hangouts.
How Do You Host a Group Hangout?
If you wish to keep in touch with your friends all at once, or you simply wish to create a group on hangout for specific purposes, you can host Group hangout chat. Also, Hosting Group hangout can be done on the Google Chrome web browser, iOS devices, or Android devices. Just follow these steps to do so:
TO HOST GROUP HANGOUT ON GOOGLE CHROME:
- Open Google Chrome, then click on the GOOGLE APPS MENU
- Then click on GOOGLE HANGOUT
- On the Hangout page, click on the CONVERSATIONS tab and start a new chat
- Tap the MENU button at the right corner of the chat window, then select NEW GROUP CONVERSATION.
- Type the names of people you want to add on the SEARCH FOR PEOPLE field and click on ADD PEOPLE.
- To customize your group hangout session, to enable you to change the group a name, leave the group, or archive the conversation, click on the MENU option. The menu option is at the right corner of the group hangout window, and you can select the option you want by clicking OPTION.
To host group hangout on the hangout app:
- Simply open the hangout app, then tap the plus icon to start a new conversation
- Then select NEW GROUP
- Then type the name
of peopleyou want to add to the group or select people from your address book.
How Do You Add or Remove People from a Google Hangout Group Chat
You can add people to Group hangouts by either sending them links or adding them by their name, email address, or number.
ON HANGOUT APP:
To add people through links on the hangout app:
- Open the Hangouts app, then select a group
- At the top of the group, tap the MORE icon, then the PEOPLE option.
- Click JOINING BY LINK, everyone on the group will be notified that you have turned on joining by link.
- To start adding people through links tap SHARE LINK, then anyone on the group can share the link, and anyone can also join the group through links.
- When they join the group, it will be visible to everyone on the group that someone has joined and the new participants can also view the group’s chat history.
- To stop people from joining by link, simply turn off joining by link by tapping the option
To add someone by name, number, or email address:
- Open the Hangouts app, and select a group conversation
- Click the MORE icon at the top of the page, then click PEOPLE and ADD PEOPLE icon.
- Then enter a name, email address or phone number
- Then finally click DONE
To Remove People from a Conversation
You can only remove people from the conversation if you started the group or if you were added through email, name, or number. Once you remove participants from a group, they will no longer be part of the group and won’t be able to see past and future messages.
To remove someone from a group on the hangout app:
- Open the hangouts app, then select a group conversation
- Tap MORE icon at the top of the page and then PEOPLE
- Then tap the name of the person you want to remove from the group
- To confirm, tap REMOVE
- The person will be immediately removed from the group
- Other participants will be notified that the person has been removed from the group
- Finally, to add them again, you will need to use their name, email address, or number. They can’t join through links.
To Add or Remove People on Computer
To add people through links
- Go to hangouts.google.com or open hangouts on Gmail.
- Choose a group conversation
- Click SETTINGS at the top right of the chat box.
- Then check the JOINING BY LINK option and everyone in the group that you have turned it on.
- Then click COPY LINK, then you can share the link with the person you want to add.
- Anyone can join using the link, and the chat history can be seen by them.
- To turn off joining through links just uncheck JOINING BY LINK. When this option is turned on again by someone else, the previous links shared will still work.
To add people by their name, number, or email address:
- Go to hangouts.google.com or open Hangouts on Gmail.
- Select a group conversation, then click PEOPLE icon and then ADD PEOPLE icon
- Then enter the names, phone number or email address of people you want to add
- Check the names, then click ADD PEOPLE. They will be added immediately to the group, and other participants will be notified that they have joined.
To Remove People from a Conversation:
You can only remove people from a conversation if you created the group or if you were added by name, address, or phone number. Otherwise, you cannot remove people from the group. People who have been removed from conversation can no longer see old messages and new ones in the group:
- Go to hangouts.google.com, or you can open Hangouts through Gmail
- Then select a group conversation and click the PEOPLE icon
- Find the person you want to remove, then click the X icon on their name.
- And they will be removed immediately from the group, and other users will be notified that they have been removed.
- You can only add these users again by name, number, or email address; they cannot join through links.
How Do You Name Your Group
To give the group you created the name of your choice, follow these steps:
- Go to hangouts.google.com or open hangouts on Gmail
- Then select a group conversation and click the SETTINGS icon at the top of the page
- In the Hangout Name option, enter the name you want for your group
- Then click OK, and everyone in the group will be notified of the name change.
ON HANGOUT APP
- Open the hangout app, then select a conversation or start a new one.
- At the top, click the MORE icon, then OPTIONS > CONVERSATIONS name.
- Enter the name you want for your group and click OK.
- Everyone on the group will see that the group name has been changed.
In summary, Google Hangout Group is a platform for connecting and communicating with a quite good number of people, either for catching up purposes or business purposes. It’s just a great way to interact and send direct messages to a lot of people at once.