Microsoft Edge is the default pdf reader on Windows 10, which means your PDF images and attachments will be opened through it. So, how do you ditch Microsoft edge as pdf reader and switch to Adobe? Well, we are right here to walk you through the steps on How to Change the Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10.
How do I set Adobe as my default PDF reader in Windows 10?
You can change the default program for opening PDFs to Adobe on Windows 10 by following these steps:
- Click the Windows “Start” button and go to “Settings.”
- Then Open the “Default Apps”
- Scroll to the bottom of the right column and click on “Choose Default Apps by File Type.”
- Locate the file type you want to set the default app for. You have to locate PDF since you want to change its default app.
- On the right side of the program, you would find the current default program for the file type. And you would also see a box with a “+” sign that says “Choose Default program.”
- To select the default program for the file type, just click on the program name or the “+” sign.
- The “Choose App” dialog box will pop up; click on “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC” as the default app you want.
- If no app is shown for you to select, then click on “Look For An App In The Store.” Doing this will open the windows store, and you can now search by file type for a program.
- Then you should try opening your pdf files using the new app you selected to make sure the process worked.
Alternative Way to Set Adobe as Default PDF Reader
If you want to set Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC as your Default PDF program, just follow these steps:
- Right-click the thumbnail of The PDF file and then choose “Properties.”
- In the file’s property dialog box, choose “Change.”
- Take note that you may not see this option if your computer’s settings are managed by a system administrator. If you want this button enabled, you have to sign in using an administrator account or contact your administrator.
- Then continue with the process. If you have Acrobat Dc or both Acrobat Dc and Acrobat Dc Reader, just Select “Adobe Acrobat Dc” And Click “OK.”
- If you have only Acrobat Reader DC, just choose “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC” And Press “Ok.”
- Then finally, click “OK” in the Properties dialog box.
Finally, you have successfully made Adobe your default PDF reader on your computer. Now, you can open pdf attachments and images using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as your default program.
If you have both Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC installed on your computer, then it is recommended you set Acrobat DC as the default program for opening PDF files. If you don’t have Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC, then you need to download and install them before setting them as your default pdf program. Just follow the steps above to set Adobe as your default PDF reader on Windows 10.