How to Change Facebook Video Autoplay Settings – Facebook is a quite dynamic platform, which seems to be adding more and more features to make it quite sophisticated than it used to be when it started. Now you don’t just view photos on your feeds, you can watch interesting videos, all your favorite videos and trending stories right on your Facebook.
YouTube is not the only place you can watch sensational videos, you can now do so on your Facebook. Sometimes it seems your Facebook is all out of control, with videos auto-playing as you scroll your news feed and your data getting wasted for videos you don’t wish to watch.
And you don’t know how to limit it to only play videos you wish to watch; well your Facebook allows you to control how your videos play through your Facebook video settings. Facebook gives users the opportunity to enjoy the platform the way they want, this is why there’s a Facebook settings’ page for you to control your Facebook to suit you.
So you can either let your videos autoplay or you can be the one to click on it manually for videos to play on Facebook, it’s totally in your hands.
How to Stop Videos from Auto-Playing on Facebook
Your desktop most times consumes a whole lot of data while you are using it to access the internet, so you have to be mindful of how you use it to avoid running out of data. It would be really nice for different videos to auto-play if you had unlimited data or using Wi-Fi, but then when you are trying to manage your data it becomes annoying when videos autoplay.
Since you need to manage your data, you need to put your Facebook Video Autoplay Settings under control. To stop videos from auto-playing:
- Tap the downward arrow at the top right of your Facebook page to go to the menu bar
- Scroll down the menu bar, and click on SETTINGS
- On the drop-down menu, select VIDEOS
- Then click the OFF button close to AUTO-PLAY to stop videos from auto-playing
How to Change Facebook Video Autoplay Settings on Facebook Android App
Scrolling through your news feeds and having as many videos as possible play without wanting them to do so can be quite annoying, it seems as if you have no control over your Facebook app and it consumes your data faster than you expect. If you can’t bear this anymore you can stop videos from auto-playing by doing the following:
- Open your Facebook app
- Then tap the menu icon (three horizontal line at the top right of your Facebook app)
- Navigate to the bottom of the menu page and tap SETTING& PRIVACY, then click SETTINGS
- Scroll down and click on MEDIA AND CONTACTS
- Then tap AUTOPLAY
- Select which option you want from the list of options, you can either choose:
ON MOBILE DATA AND Wi-Fi CONNECTIONS
ON Wi-Fi CONNECTIONS ONLY
NEVER AUTOPLAY VIDEOS
This will determine how your videos will play on Facebook and the autoplay option you choose will affect your data plan.
How to Stop Videos from Autoplaying on iPhone
Watching videos on Facebook can be fun but when any and every type of video begins to play it becomes rather annoying especially when it is from a source you don’t like.
Well, you can control how your Facebook videos play and focus on the important things you wish to watch on your device. To stop videos from autoplaying:
- Open your Facebook app on your device
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom of your Facebook page to access your menu
- Scroll down your menu page and click on SETTINGS
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- Then click on VIDEOS AND PHOTOS, and then tap on AUTOPLAY option
- Push the smart auto play button OFF
- Then you can choose your own autoplay settings, you can choose from these options:
USE CELLULAR DATA AND WI-FI
USE WI-FI ONLY
NEVER PLAY VIDEOS AUTOMATICALLY, whichever one you choose will determine how your videos play and also affect your data consumption rate.
Now your Facebook Video Autoplay Settings is totally in your control and you can access it whenever you want by following the steps we have outlined for you.