Are you having trouble changing your username and still having a hard time trying to do so? Many people have been asking; can you change your username on Snapchat? This article has all the answers you are searching for. Snapchat developers had made changing usernames or creating new accounts and moving contacts, memories, and Snap streaks from the previous account to the new one. This isn’t easy due to security reasons. There is an exception for your display name, which can be customized or changed whenever you like. Note your display name differs from your username; your display name is the way you appear on Snapchat.
Recommended: Can You Go Live on Snapchat | How do you go live on Snapchat?
How to change my username on Snapchat – identifying my username
If you’re not sure what your username is, tap on your profile icon; at the top of your phone, you will see your username next to your Snapchat score.
Why it is difficult to change my username
As we stated earlier, Snapchat placed some restrictions on the username change due to security reasons. Snapchat developers are putting tight measures on the security provided to their users to protect their accounts.
Can I Change my Username on Snapchat?
This article is written to teach you how to get around these obstacles hindering you from changing your Snapchat display name; you could also create a new account and save your friends’ usernames to add them up to your new account once it is created. First, you must remember that your username is not visible to your friends, but your display name is. The clever thing to do is to replace your username with a custom Display Name of your choice while the username remains the same.
How to Change my Username on Snapchat – How to go about it
- Log into your Snapchat and select your profile icon found in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon at the upper-right corner, and go to your Settings.
- Click on Name.
- Type in a new display name in the Name box provided.
- Save changes.
Also check: How to Remix Snaps on Snapchat | Snapchat Remix
The name you save in the Name field box always appears in your friends’ chats and stories instead of your username. You can also create an entirely different account and add up your friends to it manually. Below are simple steps you should follow to create a new account and save your friend’s Snapchat name.
- Click on Chat and select the New Chat icon at the upper-right corner.
- Scroll through to view your friends Snapchat names in alphabetical order, write down each name, or better still, take a screenshot of the list. Click on the X at the upper-right corner to cancel the New Chat.
- You can search for the first friend on your list by typing their name into the search field at the top of your phone’s screen.
- Write the usernames that appear under their display name.
- Click on the X on the search bar to exit the search. Click on your profile icon and choose the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access Settings.
- Select Log Out at the bottom of the Settings list, then confirm logging out of your account.
- Click on Sign Up for a new account and put in your new username.
- After completing an account setup process for your new account, select the magnifying glass icon and scroll through in search of your friends’ usernames. Click on Add to add them.
It is essential to note that when you create a new Snapchat account, you are bound to lose data from your old account, including your current snap code, snap score, best friends, snap streaks, conversations, and trophies you earned.