Gmail from Google is one of the most popular email platforms in the world and provides one of the fastest email services. Gmail enables users to connect with others and enjoy other email related services. It also has a reliable and free storage that lets you store email messages for your account. Your Gmail account is stored online, with an internet connection you gain access to your messages wherever you are.
Your Gmail account links to your Google account which enables you backup your data using your Gmail. It can also
How to Create a Gmail Account
To sign up for Gmail, you have first to create a google account. This Google account will have a link to all Google products on your mobile app. To create a google account, you have to:
- Visit Google Account Creation Page
- enter your first name
- last name and also,
- choose a username
- And a password
- Provide a security question
- Add a secondary email account
- Type the security word or words in the box provided
- Then click I ACCEPT. CREATE MY ACCOUNT. This creates an account including the username you filled in previous spaces.
- click the CONFIRM link
- And finally, click SIGN IN to log in your new account.
Choosing a Gmail Username
Your Gmail username is your own web link that enables others to send emails to you and receive emails from you too. It is important to choose a username because it serves as your email address link. So you have to choose what you can remember and names that are recognizable by Google. Some reasons may hinder you from using a particular username you want:
- The reason could be that another user has picked the username.
- Or a similar username has already been chosen by another user.
- It could also be that the username has been chosen by another user in the past and deleted.
- It could also be reserved reasons by Google to prevent spam or abuse
Reporting Impersonation on Gmail
You could have reasons to believe that someone is pretending to be on Gmail or using your details to create a Gmail account. To protect your Identity, you have to:
- File a report to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre
- then contact your state’s office of consumer protection.