How to delete Facebook messages – the Facebook messenger is a standalone app for chatting with friends and connecting with new people. This platform offers a lot of features that give users the best chatting experience.
Now, the option for deleting messages is also available on the platform. So, if you regret sending a message or make a mistake sending the wrong message, you can easily clear up messages using the Delete Option.
How to Delete Facebook Messages
You can select and delete the specific messages you want or clear up chat history with this option. Initially, this feature was not available; however, you can do so now by following these steps:
- Open the Facebook messenger app on your device
- Then Open the conversation containing the message you want to delete.
- Press and hold the message you want to delete, then select REMOVE next to the message you want to delete.
- To delete the messages from your chat and that of those you sent it to, click on REMOVE FOR EVERYONE, and the messages will disappear from your inbox and that of those you sent it to.
How to Delete Messages on Messenger on Computer
If you sent a message to a wrong group or if you wish to un-send a message, it is very easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook page on your desktop device
- Tap the chat bubble icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- If you wish to delete an entire message thread, click the cog on the bottom right corner then tap Delete. You will be shown a list of options: Archive, Cancel and Delete, simply click Delete. This will permanently delete the message thread from your messenger.
- Then, if you wish to delete a particular message from the conversation, then click on that message.
- When you click on the message, click the three horizontal lines and press REMOVE. If the message was sent less than 10 minutes, then you can delete the messages for everyone. So, you can either select a message for everyone or yourself or finally click REMOVE. Clicking Remove for everyone will delete the message from the inbox of those you sent it to and your inbox.
How to Delete Messenger Messages on Mobile Devices
If you have the mobile messenger app, you can delete a message on Facebook by following these steps:
- Open your Facebook messenger app on your mobile device
- To delete an entire message thread, hold down the thread, or you can swipe the message to the left and select the Red Thrash Can. Then you will be given options; you can either decide to Hide the chat or Delete the Message Permanently.
- If you decide to hide the chat, you can find the message whenever you want by using the search bar at the top of the page. However, it will not be found amongst the list of your list of chats unless you send another message.
- Finally, to delete a single message, just press and hold the message and click REMOVE.