How to Find nearby Friends on Facebook – You may have heard about this awesome feature on Facebook that makes it easy for users to access the locations of their friends with ease.
If you need to know more about this, then you have to pay close attention. Facebook connects billions of people all over the world; that means you can find old buddies on Facebook, connect with new friends, and even start relationships on Facebook.
Now, just chatting with friends may not be enough; you may want to see them physically and hang out with them; this is where the Facebook friend nearby feature comes in.
With this feature, you can easily track the locations of friends that are in the same locations as you, find out the occasions they are attending and hang out with them.
While tracking your friends’ location, you have to also bear in mind that Facebook will also know your location and have a record of your location history.
This might make some individuals skeptical about using this feature, but if you are in for the fun of finding friends and hanging out with them, then you will definitely need this feature.
You can turn off location history if you don’t want Facebook to have access to your location history by going to your Facebook Location Setting on the app.
How to Find Nearby Friends on Facebook
Today, Facebook makes it more and easier to connect with and find the locations of friends or family members near you.
With the friends nearby feature, you can easily track friends, family members and meet up with them.
It enables you to access the location of your friends on your Facebook app, with just a few taps of your finger, Facebook could connect you with nearby.
To find your friends nearby on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of your Facebook app; this is the menu icon.
- You can access your menu bar from here, then scroll down the page and click on NEARBY FRIENDS.
- Then turn on your location feature to enable you to see the list of friends in your locations. You can do so by turning on location services on the nearby friend’s page.
- Facebook will need to access your own location to make the whole process seamless.
- It is your choice to make on which of your friends you want to share your location with. You can do so by clicking the blue invite button at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select and check the box next to the name of the friend you wish to share location with, then proceed to invite your friends that you have selected. If you have a list already on your Facebook, you can choose from the list which people who wish to see your locations, you either choose Close Friends, Family Members, Colleagues and others.
- Then you can have access to locations of friends you have selected if their location feature is switched on. Once it is switched on, you can find out friends that close to your location and hang out with them.
- You can choose to share your precise location with a specific friend and decide how long they can see your every move. You can see each other’s location and decide to hang out.
How to Turn on or Turn Off Facebook Friend Nearby on Android
Your Facebook menu bar allows you to have a certain level of control over your Facebook, so you are entitled to your own privacy on Facebook, and you can reveal important info if you want to the specific individuals you wish to reveal them to.
Therefore, you can decide to turn off or turn on your Facebook Friend nearby feature whenever you like.
So, if you feel you are no longer okay with sharing info about your location on Facebook, you can simply turn it off.
And if you wish to share your location on Facebook, you can simply turn it on too.
To turn off or turn on your friend nearby feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the menu icon on your Facebook app screen
- On the menu bar, select NEARBY FRIENDS.
- Then you can push the toggle button, to make your preference between disable or enable.
How to Turn On or Turn Off Friend Nearby Feature on iPhone
The iOS device differs from the Android device, so their operations often differ from each other.
However, these friends nearby feature is available on both devices, and we will show you just how to turn off or turn on the feature on your iPhone device.
In the end, if you wish to turn off your friend nearby feature after sharing locations with friends or if you no longer wish to access your friend’s location, follow these easy steps to get it done:
- Login to your Facebook app
- Click on MORE from the menu icon at the bottom of your Facebook app screen
- Then select the ‘NEARBY FRIENDS’ option.
- Now proceed to select the SETTINGS icon on the nearby friend’s page
- And finally, push the toggle button to turn off or turn on nearby friends.
It is left for you to choose if you wish to share your locations with friends or not, so whichever option you choose determines that.
This is an awesome feature for those who wish to locate their friends, and meet up with them easily.