How to Hide Facebook Activity Log – Facebook Activity Log, as the name implies, contains the list of all your activities on the platform from the pages you have liked, posts you have created to status updates and friend requests.
Furthermore, when you click on the Activity Log button, you get to see your recent activities and the older ones, they are all part of your Facebook timeline.
Your activity log is part of your Facebook profile, and only you can access the page; however, some of your friends may see your activities depending on the privacy settings of the post.
Who Can See My Activity Log on Facebook
Your activity log is private, so only you can access the page whenever you want. However, your friends can see some of your activities depending on the privacy settings of the post.
So, when you make a post and set it for a Public audience, your friends will definitely get to see your posts and comments on the post.
If you don’t want friends to see your posts or comments, you can deselect them from your custom audience through Facebook privacy settings. However, when you have a mutual group with your friends, they will get to see your comments on the posts in the group.
So, you can’t hide all your activities from your Facebook friends, but only you can access your activity log.
How Do You Use Activity Log To Hide Your Facebook Posts
Your activity log can be used to hide status updates, photos, and videos from being visible on your Facebook timeline.
Just follow these steps to hide or remove posts:
- Tap your Facebook profile picture at the top left of Facebook to get to your Facebook profile
- Tap the Activity Log Icon below your profile photo
- Then Scroll down to find the post you want to remove or hide. You can filter posts by tapping FILTER at the top of the Activity Log, then select the category of post (either video, photo, or post). This makes it easy for you to find the particular post you are looking for.
- Or you can find posts using the Year filter option. Just scroll down and click YEAR to choose to see posts from a particular year.
- You May also get to see options to either Hide posts, Delete posts, or Edit the audience of the posts.
- To hide posts, click the V option on the right side of the post and click HIDE FROM TIMELINE. The posts will no longer be visible on your timeline but may be visible on the timelines of users it was shared with.
- Then, to delete a post click the v icon next to the post and select DELETE
- Finally, to edit the audience for the posts, click the V icon on the right side of the post, and select EDIT PRIVACY. Then tap the circle next to the audience you want to see the post.
In summary, if you wish to Hide Activity Log on Facebook, you can do so through your privacy settings, from there you can determine which audience you want to see your posts. However, you can’t control who sees your comments on other’s posts.