Hide Friends On Facebook – Facebook privacy settings give you control over your Facebook account; you can make the changes you want on your Facebook account through your privacy settings.
Your Facebook friend list is public by default, but you can choose to hide your friend lists from the public through your privacy settings.
Hiding your friend list is your decision to make if you want to mask the identity of some of your friends from other users on Facebook you can do so easily.
If your privacy is your ultimate concern and you want to restrict your friends’ list from being seen by some people, then you can hide your friend list from them.
How to Hide Facebook Friends on Desktop
- Go to your Facebook account through any browser of your choice
- Click the downward-facing arrow on your Facebook screen to access the menu page
- Scroll down the menu page and click on SETTINGS
- You will find the Privacy option on the pane at the left side of the screen and click on it.
- In the HOW PEOPLE CAN FIND AND CONTACT YOU option click on WHO CAN SEE FRIEND LIST and click on EDIT.
- Finally, you can choose who you want to see your friends list and if you’re going to hide it from everyone. To select specific people that can see your friend list, click CUSTOM and choose the names of friends you want. If you click the JUST ME option, no one else can see your friend list.
How to Hide Friends on Facebook App
- Open your Facebook app and log into your account if you are not already logged in.
- Click the three horizontal lines (menu icon) at the top right corner of the screen of an Android device and the bottom right side of the screen of the iPhone device.
- On the Menu, page Tap PRIVACY & SETTINGS and then tap SETTINGS
- Then Scroll down the privacy section and click on PRIVACY SETTINGS
- Navigate to HOW PEOPLE CAN FIND ME option and click on WHO CAN SEE YOUR FRIENDS LIST
- Then you can select from the list of options who you want to be able to see your friends list. You can choose JUST ME to hide your friend lists from every other person. Or you can select friends you want to see your friend lists by selecting FRIENDS EXCEPT… You can also choose to make a custom list of people that can see your friends list, or you can restrict it from being viewed by only your family members. Whatever decision you wish to make, there are different options to accommodate that.
Your privacy is a priority on Facebook, and Facebook gives you control over your privacy through the privacy settings option, and you can make necessary changes to suit you.
So, if you wish to keep your friend list totally private or visible to a specific group of people, you can do so through your Facebook privacy settings.
By default, your Facebook list is public, but if you are no longer comfortable with this, then change it through your privacy settings.