How to Hide Text Messages on Android – It can be very annoying when others get to see your private messages even before you do. The problem of security and privacy is one issue most users face with their android device.
This makes it easy for your friends to grab your phone and read your messages even before you know. If you are fed up with having no privacy with your Android device, then you should pay close attention to these tricks.
How to Hide Text Messages on Android from Girlfriend
There are lots of third-party apps that enable you to keep your messages hidden on your android device. You can also try to hide messages by archiving them on the messaging app.
How to Hide Text Messages on Android Phone First Method
Archiving your messages to keep them protected from prying eyes.
- Download & install the Messages app on your Android if you don’t have it already. Then you can open the messages app. This app enables you to archive messages, so they are not visible on the home screen, and you don’t have to delete them permanently.
- To archive, a message just tap and hold the message. Then click the downward-pointing arrow icon at the top of the screen.
- To view archived messages, you can simply tap the menu icon, then select Archived from the list of options.
How to Hide Text Messages Android Second Method
Use password-protecting Messages with GO Sms Pro.
- Just download the Go Sms Pro through your Google play store. Then you can open the app on your device after that.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to grant the app permission to your Android. Once you have done this, you will find your messages in the inbox on the app.
- Tap and hold the message you want to hide. And a list of options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Simply tap the MORE option at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear, select MOVE TO PRIVATE INBOX. If it is your first time, a window with guidelines will tell you how to go about the process.
- Tap INITIALIZE, then you need to provide a 4-digit password and confirm it. The password gives you access to move messages to a private folder.
- Now, you can easily hide any message you want.
Hide Text Messages App
You can also try installing other third-party apps that would enable you to hide your messages.
- You can use the Message locker (SMS lock) to go to Google play store and then download and install the app.
- Then you need to create and confirm your pin. Or you can simply decide to use a pattern as a lock for messages.
- You need to set up recovery in case you forget your pin. And you can use your email as recovery.
- Then you can select the apps you want to lock. And you can decide to explore other options by clicking the menu bar. You clear junks, lock photos, upgrade, click the help option and learn more about the app.
With these methods, keeping your messages private should no longer be a problem. Just follow any of these methods to keep your messages protected.