How to Install Kodi on Google Chromecast – If you are a big entertainment follower, then you must come across Kodi TV. Kodi is one of the most popular media server applications, and it is available on all major OS.
This app also allows you to access and manage media content across all your device. Kodi is a great home entertainment hub that brings all the content you love.
Since Chromecast is one of the most used streaming devices in the world, you can definitely use it for streaming Kodi content.
So can you install Kodi on Chromecast? The simple answer is yes, and we will show how to do it easily. So, if you are part of those who love enjoying Kodi content on Chromecast, then you need to pay close attention to this article.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast from Android
Lots of people are searching for ways to install Kodi on Google Chromecast, and this guide should help you learn this if you are one of them.
To install Kodi on Chromecast from your Android device, you can try two methods to enable you to download Kodi on Chromecast from your Android device.
The first Method to Install Kodi on Google Chromecast:
- Download and install the following apps on your Android: Kodi, ES file explorer, and Localcast.
- You also have to download the PlayCoreFactory XML file
- Then launch the ES File Explorer and go to SETTINGS then to DISPLAY SETTINGS. Then check SHOW HIDDEN FILES.
- Select the search option from the upper bar and type playcorefactory.xml.
- Long Click On the file and select COPY from the lower bar.
- Then go back to ES File Explorer Home.
- Go to >Android> Data> .org.xmbc.kod> Files>.Kodi>Userdata
- Paste the Playcorefactory.xml file here
- Then launch Kodi and select the video you want to cast on Chromecast.
- The localcast app will automatically open, then select your Chromecast and select Play.
Second Method to Install Kodi on your Chromecast:
This method is easier and not as complicated as the previous one. All you have to do is:
- Download and install Google cast app on your Android device
- Launch the Google cast app
- Click On three-horizontal lines (menu icon) and select CAST AUDIO/VIDEO.
- Then select your Chromecast device under the CAST TO option.
- Launch the Kodi app and select the video you want to watch. And the video will now stream to your TV.
- You have to note that while streaming your video on your Android device, it cannot be used for any other function.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast for Windows or MAC PC
- First, you need to install the chrome browser and also install the chrome extension to your chrome browser.
- Install Kodi on Your Windows PC or MAC OSX.
- Then launch the Chrome browser.
- Click On the Chromecast icon at the far corner of the browser and select CAST TO.
- Launch the Kodi app and choose the video you want to play.
- Then the video you have chosen will now cast to Chromecast on your TV.
In conclusion, if you want to use Chromecast to watch Kodi content anytime you want, you can follow the guidelines we have shown you here on How to Install Kodi on Chromecast.