How to Invite Someone to a Discord Server – Creating a Discord server means you want a forum for discussion, which means you have to invite people to join the conversation.
So, you can create a discord server for a business, your group of friends, or a small community.
All you have to do to get your fans and friends on discord server is to send out invites to them or create custom invite links that would last indefinitely. Now, let’s find out how you can invite someone on your discord server.
How to Add People on Discord via Computer
- Open Discord and go to the server you want to add people from.
- Then Click the server name to open the drop-down menu.
- Select INVITE PEOPLE from the drop-down menu.
- Copy the link and send the invite to people you want to join the conversation.
Set the link to never expire if you don’t want the invite to expire in 24 hours. But if you are sure the invite will be used by the recipient before it expires you can decide not to set it to Never Expire.
How to Add People on Discord via Mobile Phone
To add people on discord via your mobile device, just follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your phone, then navigate to the sidebar to select the discord server you want.
- Once on the desired server, click on INVITE MEMBERS.
- You can also decide to click the gear icon next to the link and Change the Default Settings, And Select “Create Link”.
- You can also select an expiration date for your invite under the EXPIRE AFTER option. Then you can choose how long you want the invite to last.
- You can also decide to set the maximum number of uses for your invite links before expiration.
- Then Tap the SHARE LINK option to choose a mobile sharing option or you can copy and paste the invite. Tapping the invite link will copy it to your clipboard. You can also paste it as a direct message for your friends to join your channel on discord.
- Tap the SHARE BUTTON next to the invite link, this will bring up a pop-menu with apps where you can share invites to friends. Then you can share invites to friends on the desired apps.
How to Customize a Discord Invite
You can customize a discord invite by selecting its expiration date or the maximum number of uses for invite links. To customize a discord invite link:
- Go to the invitation menu and click “Edit Invite Link”
- From the server invite link settings menu you can select the expiration date for invites on the first drop-down menu. Then you can set how long you want invites to last, from 30 minutes to forever.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select how many people can use the invite link before it expires. Click the “Grant Temporary Membership” toggle to make discord kick off users from the server once they leave.
Customizing invite links makes it easy for you to invite just the people you want on your discord server.