How to Make Facebook Page Private – Your Facebook Business page represents your brand or business on Facebook and creates an avenue for customers to interact with your business. So, you may want to make edits or update information on your Facebook page without the public seeing it.
This is probably why you want to keep your Facebook business page private for a specific period. Now, to make your Facebook business page private you have to unpublish it, this way it won’t be visible to the public.
Once you unpublish your Facebook business page, only people who have roles on the page will be able to see it. Now, let’s look at ways to unpublish your Facebook business page to make it private.
How to Make Facebook Business Page Private on Desktop
To unpublish your Facebook Business page via the Facebook website on your PC, Mac, or Mobile Phone, just follow these steps:
- Open Facebook via your preferred web browser
- Click on “Pages” on the left panel of your homepage. If the Pages option doesn’t appear in the first few options, just click the “See More” dropdown arrow.
- Once you do so, a list of pages you handle will appear on the next screen. Just click the page you would like to unpublish.
- You will see a “Manage Page” panel on the left side of your screen on your business page. Just scroll down the bottom and select “Settings”
- On the “General” tab you will see the “Page Visibility” option. If the page is public you will see “Page Published”. Now you can simply click the “Edit” option to make the page invisible.
- Just select the “Page Unpublished” option and click the blue “Save Changes” button.
- A Pop-up display will appear asking you to share the reason for unpublishing the page, then you can select your reason from the list of options.
- Click the blue “Next” button to continue
- Then Facebook will ask you what you need to do to properly finish up your page. Just check the right options.
- Then click the “Unpublish” button and Facebook will confirm the decision. Click the blue “Close” once you are done, this will take you back to your page Settings.
How to Make Facebook Page Private via the Facebook App
- Open your Facebook app on your mobile device
- Then click the Menu icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
- Click “Pages” which is located below the orange flag icon
- Then select the page you wish to unpublish
- Once on your page, click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to open the settings
- Tap “General” at the top of the list
- Then scroll down till you find the “Page Visibility” option
- Tap “Unpublish” and you will see the blue checkmark appear next to it
- Whenever you choose to make your page public again you click the “Publish” option you see once you return to your page. Or you can do so through your Settings.
So if you want to make your Facebook Business page private on your desktop or your Facebook app, you can follow the steps above to get it done.