How to Market your Business on Facebook – A good business owner knows that marketing is one of the essential parts of every business. Marketing is an essential tool for creating awareness for your business and for expanding your customer base.
Furthermore, Facebook creates effective channels for business owners to market their products to their target audience. Just selling your items on Facebook is not enough; if you want your business to grow and generate more sales, you need to advertise your business.
You can create awareness for your products by using Facebook ads, by boosting your listings or by posting listings on various buy and sell groups.
Marketing on Facebook means you stand a chance of reaching your target audience amongst the 2 billion active users on Facebook and we will walk through how you can market your products on the platform.
How to Market your Business on Facebook Using Facebook Ad
Facebook Ad is one of the most effective ways of marketing your products on the platform; it helps you reach your target audience and expand your market as well. To market your products using Facebook ads, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook Ads Manager, select the CAMPAIGNS tab
- Then click create to start a new Facebook ad campaign
- There are up to 11 marketing objectives that Facebook offers business owners who wish to advertise products using Facebook ads.
- They include Brand awareness which would help you introduce your product to a new audience. Reach, which enables your business reach as many people as possible, Traffic, Engagement that increase the level of engagement on your page by increasing the number of likes, encourage people to claim special offer, increase the number of posts and more.
- Other marketing objectives include, App installs, Video views to get more people to watch your videos, Lead generation, Messages, Conversions, Catalog sales, and store visits.
- Then, choose a specific marketing objective according to your goals for that particular ad
- The next steps you take may differ depending on the campaign objective you choose for your ads
- You have to then choose a campaign name, and also choose if you want to set up an A/B split test. Turn on budget optimization if you want; it is quite useful when turned on.
- Then click SET UP AD ACCOUNT to continue, you will have to enter some important details at this step. You will have to enter your country, preferred currency, time zone and then click CONTINUE
- Create a custom audience; it often consists of people who have interacted with your business one way or the other. The custom audience helps you build your target audience.
- You will have to select your location, age, gender, and language. The audience size indicator helps have a sense of your potential AD reach.
- Use the DETAILED TARGETING FIELD and CONNECTIONS to exclude and include people you want to see your ads.
- Select platforms where your Facebook ad will appear, if you choose automatic placements, Facebook will place your ads automatically on messenger, Facebook, Instagram, and other audience network. When you select EDIT PLACEMENTS, you can choose specific places your ads can appear; the following options are available for you: Device Type, Platform, Mobile device, and other operating systems.
- set your budget and schedule, then click CONTINUE
- You can then create your ad; there are various formats available depending on the campaign objective you chose at the beginning. You can use creative formats to create ads of your choice.
How to Boost Listings from Marketplace
Boosting your listings on marketplace is another effective way of marketing your products on Facebook.
It has a way of promoting your product and increasing its exposure to a wider customer base. Let’s show how to boost your listings on marketplace.
Boosting your items on Facebook is like advertising your listings to various users on Facebook, the boosted items often appear with small ad annotation on the news feed.
When users click to view your listings, it would also appear on the news feed of similar users. Your listings will also appear to people in the same location you are, and your business will be promoted to various people in your location.
- Go to your marketplace profile
- Click boost listing
- Then, set your total budget
- Select how long your ad will run
- Choose your Facebook payment method
- Preview your boosted listing to make sure there’s no error before posting.
- Finally, click boost listing now
How to Market on Facebook Groups
There are numerous Facebook buy and sell groups, and you can take advantage of these groups to market your products. Furthermore, you can create awareness for your products, expand your market by posting listings in different buy and sell groups. It is quite easy to market products on buy and sells groups, and we will show you how.
- Select the buy and sell group you want by tapping GROUPS on the menu icon.
- Tap on WHAT ARE YOU SELLING? At the top of the group, add good photos of the items you are selling.
- Add important info about the item you are selling, like price, size and describe the products briefly to your buyers once you are done tap POST.
- You can post listings on various buy and sell groups you belong to. By posting on various groups, you are creating more awareness for your product and expanding your Market.
In conclusion, Marketing on Facebook is necessary if you want your business to grow and have a wider customer base.
You should definitely try out the Facebook marketing methods we have shown you; they have proven to be quite effective for lots of businesses, you should not be left out on this