How to Mute Someone on Facebook – Facebook is a place to interact and stay in touch with friends, family members and of course new people but what happens when you no longer want to keep in touch with them or view their posts or news on Facebook?
When you no longer wish to see notifications from pages or friends’ post, what do you do? Well, it is easy; you can simply mute their post to stop getting notifications of their posts.
Muting the posts solves the problem of seeing the news or posts on your news feed. Or you can also simply unfollow them to stop viewing their Facebook posts.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook on IOS device
If you are using an iPhone, an iPad or any IOS device, you can mute a friend’s post by following these steps:
- Go to your Facebook app and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the right corner of your screen.
- Tap settings, then tap NEWS FEED PREFERENCES, then select UNFOLLOW PEOPLE TO HIDE THEIR POSTS. Then you can choose each friend you wish to Unfollow or mute their posts.
- After selecting, tap DONE to conclude the process
To Mute Someone On Facebook on Android
- Open your Facebook app and log in if you are not already logged in.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen. And follow the same steps listed above.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook on Desktop
- Log into your Facebook account then click the Menu button. It is the arrow facing downward located at the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Then click NEWS FEED PREFERENCES and click the Unfollow PEOPLE TO HIDE THEIR POSTS. Then select each friend you want to unfollow or mute. Then click DONE when you are done with the process. You will no longer see posts or news from such friends.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook Messenger
You can also mute someone on Facebook messenger when you no longer wish to connect or chat with them.
To mute someone on Facebook messenger:
- Open the Facebook messenger app, then tap a conversation and tap the contact’s name at the top of the conversation.
- Then Tap BLOCK to stop receiving messages from the contact. Toggle the switch to the right on the BLOCK MESSAGES option. You can reverse this by tapping the switch button again.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook Inbox
- To mute someone on your Facebook inbox open your Facebook app.
- Then click on the Message icon at the top right corner of your page.
- Click on the conversation you want to mute, then click the OPTIONS GEAR at the right corner of the chat window at the left side of the X icon.
- Then click MUTE CONVERSATION and then select the duration for the post to stay muted. You can choose An Hour until 8 am or until You Turn It Off. Then finally click the blue MUTE button to complete the process.