How to Remove Hyperlinks in MS Word – Hyperlinks can be very important on Word document; they provide easy access to webpages from Word. However, they can become quite inconvenient when they are not needed. If you are looking for ways to remove hyperlinks from your Word document, then you need to pay close attention to this article.
First Method to remove hyperlink in Word
If you have received Word documents with thousands of hyperlinks that you do not need, you can simply decide to remove them all by following these steps:
- First, you have to select a hyperlink in your word document
- Then right-click and select the REMOVE HYPERLINKS option on the menu.
Doing this should remove the hyperlinks in your Word document; however, this is not the fastest way to get this done. If you have thousands of hyperlinks on your word document, then you need to try some other method.
Second Method of how to remove hyperlink in Word
If you have no patience to remove hyperlinks manually, you can try using “Format Painter.” To do this, just follow these steps:
- Select the hyperlinks on Word document and follow the steps in Method one.
- After this, select the row where the disabled hyperlink lies.
- Then double click the Format Painter icon in the “Clipboard” group.
- Then drag your cursor to select the areas that contain the remaining hyperlinks.
- Once you are done with these steps, this should remove the remaining hyperlinks on Word document. This method is faster and saves time too.
Third Method of how to remove reference links in Word
You can also try using the shortcut method of removing hyperlinks on Word document. Just use this keyboard shortcuts to remove hyperlinks:
- Press Ctrl+Alt to Select all text.
- Then Press Ctrl+Shift+F9
How to Remove Hyperlink in Word Mac OS
Removing hyperlinks on Word document on Mac may seem a little bit complicated, but it isn’t. All you have to do is pay close attention to this article to know the easiest way to get it done.
To remove hyperlinks from Word document on Mac simply follow these steps:
- Open the file with the hyperlinks.
- Go to the “Insert” option Click On “Links.” Then click on “Link” and finally click on “Remove Link.”
Using this method to remove hyperlinks individually can be time-consuming and stressful, especially if you have thousands of hyperlinks to remove. The fastest way to remove these hyperlinks is by using shortcuts.
Shortcuts make the process rather easy and saves time too. To remove hyperlinks from a Word document on Mac, just follow these steps:
- Use “COMMAND + A,” which would Select all the areas with hyperlinks that you want to remove.
- “FN+COMMAND+SHIFT+F9,” and this will remove all the hyperlinks on the file.
- And all hyperlinks would be gone, and you don’t have to go through the stress of eliminating hyperlinks individually.
Removing hyperlinks on your Word document is relatively easy; you can either decide to use shortcuts to remove them or go through the lengthy process.
If there are thousands of hyperlinks on Word that you don’t need, you can simply follow the steps we’ve shown you to get rid of them.