You get to meet people on Facebook; some are your old time friends, some family relations and some are just online pals. But sometimes people you meet on this platform might offend you and just because it’s an online platform doesn’t mean they go scot-free for doing so. You also promote your businesses or products through this platform, but sometimes disgruntled customers or online troublemakers might decide to mar the progress of your business by posting offensive comments. You can report these individuals on Facebook, but sometimes you don’t know how to go about it, we will walk you through it. This article will show you exactly how to report someone on the Facebook platform through desktop and the mobile app.
If you are being bullied attacked or harassed on Facebook you don’t have to take it all. If there are offensive comments on your page, or offensive posts you do not wish to see you can put an end to it by simply reporting the offender.
The reports are usually anonymous so have no fear. Once a report has been sent the person’s account will be blocked. There are various reasons for reporting a person on Facebook, it could be for hate speech, bullying, threats, fake account or pornographic posts, anything that infringes on other users’ rights. Facebook community standards sets standards for Facebook users’ disciplinary attitude on the platform and those who violate these standards can be reported by other users. You can also stop someone from bullying or attacking you online by either blocking them, unfriending them or reporting them.
HOW TO REPORT A PERSON ON FACEBOOK USING MOBILE APP
- To report an offender you can do so by first logging into your Facebook app on your phone
- Visit the page of the person whom you wish to report by typing their name in the search bar, tap their name and tap their profile image or you can locate their name in your news feed
- Once their profile uploads, click the SETTINGS icon attached close to the message button
- A pop-up menu will appear, click REPORT/BLOCK option
- A list of reasons will appear in the next menu, select one reason for reporting the user; if the account is fake you are required to pick an option for the person the user is impersonating
- Then click the CONTINUE button and a descriptive reason for reporting the user’s profile
- Check the I CONFIRM THAT THIS REPORT IS CORRECT box
- Then click SEND to conclude the process, Facebook sends you notification of actions it wishes to take.
Facebook profiles that are reported are often removed or disabled temporarily.
HOW TO REPORT SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK USING A DESKTOP
You can report an offender on Facebook using your desktop
- You simply visit
- Type out the name of the person in the search bar
- Click on their profile and select GIVE FEEDBACK OR REPORT on the MORE button
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose a reason for reporting the profile
- And click SEND to conclude
- You can also select the BLOCK THEM option to stop someone from bothering you on Facebook.