How to Sell on Instagram without a Website – Modern marketers know how effective social media platforms are as e-commerce platforms in this present digital age, and Instagram is one of these powerful e-marketing platforms in the world. With over 300 million users on Instagram, it is counted amongst the largest e-marketing platforms in the world.
Amongst these 300 million users on the platform, a large percentage visits one, two or more business profiles daily.
So, if you are looking on creating an online business and you don’t have one on Instagram, then you are missing out on a huge opportunity.
Now, if you do not have a website, you can still sell your products on Instagram, and we will show you how.
How to Sell on Instagram without a Website
- If you have a business in mind or the category of business you want to start on Instagram that is the first step of selling on Instagram. However, it is often advised to choose a category that sells on the platform.
- You need to create a business page then give your brand credibility and create a platform for customers to connect your business.
- A business profile, unlike a personal profile, has specific features that allow you add business info like website, address, phone number, contact info and you also get features like Instagram insights about followers and Post Promotions too.
- To create a business page, you need to have an active Facebook business page; then you need to connect your Facebook business page to your Instagram profile.
- To do so, locate the three dots (menu icon) on the OPTIONS button at the top right corner of your profile.
- Then click SWITCH TO BUSINESS PROFILE.
- Choose the Facebook business page you wish to link to your Instagram business profile.
- Select the category your business falls into to allow people to understand what kind of business products you offer.
- Review your business content information, edit errors, and make necessary changes on the SET UP YOUR BUSINESS PROFILE page.
- When you are done, tap DONE, and your business profile is ready for business.
- After setting up your business page, you need to start creating and posting awesome contents on your business page. Add quality contents that will attract the interest of users.
- You need to add an appealing bio, add high-quality photos, and describe your business aptly on your profile. Awesome contents attract new users and keep the old ones.
- Hashtags are important parts of Instagram, so you need to use them effectively. Users make use of hashtags when looking for posts that interest them, if research and find the kind of hashtag your customers use this can help your business a lot.
- Engage your customers, reply to them from them to them and clarify them when they are confused about anything about your business.
- Post photos of customers wearing your products, show proof of customer satisfaction and create trust between you and your customers.
- Make good use of URL in your bio; this is the only link on Instagram that redirects Users to other platforms other than Instagram. Put a URL that links customers to your online store so that customers can visit your store with ease.
- You can also send them direct messages telling them to visit your business page with your link attached to it for them to visit your store with just a click.
- Use call-to-action in your bio such as SHOP NOW or FOLLOW THIS PAGE FOR AWESOME FASHION ACCESSORIES YOU WOULD LOVE, call-to-action prompts users to make a move when they are reluctant to do so.
- Update your Instagram stories with information about your business; this creates and even the more cordial relationship between you and your customers. And they can get to see the products for real and possibly how they are made; this will let them know you run a genuine business.
- Make good use of Instagram ads if you wish to reach a wider customer base and also reach your target audience.
- Influencers can also help you boost your business profile and promote your product on Instagram. Influencers are just like marketers, and you should make good use of them.
- You can also advertise your products on other social media platforms.
Instagram is a visual platform, and people often love what they see, you can take advantage of this to sell your products & services. Use compelling photos and engaging contents to attract customers and sell your product on the platform.
Over 300 million active users are on Instagram, and a large percentage visits the platform to discover new items to buy.
Set up Your own business page, and stand a chance of being amongst the largest businesses on the platform.