How to Share a YouTube Video on Facebook – Sharing a video to YouTube is a very easy task; all you have to do is follow the few steps outlined below.
Share using A PC Browser
- Open your desired web browser on your desktop computer or notebook; this could be Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari for Mac user, Mozilla Firefox e.t.c.
- In the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) tab of your web browser, Visit the YouTube official website (https://www.YouTube.com), scroll through the enormous amount of video content until you find the particular video you want to share.
- Left-click on your desired video to view the full details of the video contents; at the bottom right corner below the video, you will see a button labeled share with an arrow icon.
- Left-click on either the icon or the label “share” as this will bring up a pop-up box with multiple apps to where the videos can be shared to.
- Left-click on your desired app package; these apps include WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more, as these are the mediums to which the video is to be shared.
Share a YouTube Video on Facebook
- Click on the Facebook icon in the pop-up box; this will open a new tab in your browser within a Facebook webpage.
- If you are not signed in to your Facebook account, click on the sign-in button and fill in your data in the sign-in form.
- This will open your Facebook page with the video content to be shared on a post page, highlighting the cursor for your response in adding a post caption for the YouTube video, which would be added to your news feed.
- Add your desired caption or leave it blank if you don’t have any caption in mind.
- You can select the audience you want to view your shared YouTube video in the dropdown menu below the YouTube video cover image, as this will limit the number of friends that will view your shared YouTube video.
- Having edited the post to your taste, click on the blue button at the bottom of the Facebook page labeled “Post to Facebook” to share the YouTube video to your news feed.
Sharing To WhatsApp
- Click on the WhatsApp icon from the popup box left, which has the “WhatsApp” below the icon; this will redirect you to the official WhatsApp web page.
- If you are not connected to the WhatsApp web through your device, follow the steps outlined in the WhatsApp Official page to get connected.
- This will open a page with a list of your contacts in WhatsApp; from the list, you can select the multiple contacts to share your selected YouTube video with, or you can also send it to the desired WhatsApp group.
- After selecting your share platform, this will pop up a green button with a white share icon on it; click on the icon to share your YouTube video.
How to Share Video on Facebook from Phone
Sharing a YouTube video to Facebook and every other social media platform on a mobile device is way easier because you don’t have to use the web, which requires you to follow additional steps to sign in to your account.
- On the home screen of your mobile device, open the apps menu and look for the YouTube app.
- Tap on the app to open YouTube on your mobile device, using the search box search for your desired YouTube video you want to share or scroll through the numerous amounts of videos until you have your desired video on sight.
- Here you don’t have to view the video detail to share; you can just click on the three-dotted icon on the bottom right corner of the video card.
- This will bring up some options, look for the label share and tap on it.
- This will pop up a grid of applications you might want to share the video through.
- Select the Facebook app or any other desired application of your choice.
- This will redirect you to the Facebook app with the video in a post tab, edit your post and tap the label “Post”.