How to Stop Facebook Watch Party Notifications – Video creation and consumption have intensified over the years, and online video streaming platforms have also increased, and Facebook is not left behind on this.
So, you can not only chat with friends or post pictures on Facebook; you can spend your time watching entertaining videos on the platform.
Furthermore, Facebook watch party enables users in a group to watch a pre-recorded video on Facebook together to create a shared viewing experience. As a group admin or group owner, this can be a way for you to increase the level of engagement on your Facebook group.
Group members can all watch the videos at the same and share their comments too. So, when you host a watch party, you can watch any public video on Facebook in real-time with your friends or group members.
However, not everyone loves the idea of watching Facebook videos as a group. And getting watch party notifications all the time from groups you belong to can be irritating and annoying, so you have to find a way to turn it off.
This can be even more annoying when you belong to different groups, and you keep getting watch party notifications from each group again and again. Well, let’s show you how to turn it off and get some peace of mind.
How to Stop Facebook Watch Party Notifications on Website
If you keep getting watch party notification from time to time and you have had enough of it, just follow these steps to disable it:
- Go to Facebook page through any preferred browser of your choice
- Click on the NOTIFICATION icon (looks like a bell) at the top of your Facebook page.
- This would open a list of notifications you have received on your Facebook account.
- Now click on three dots at the right side of the watch party notifications
- A pop-menu with two options will be displayed
- Then select TURN OFF NOTIFICATION FROM THIS GROUP, then you would receive a message saying that you would no longer receive notifications from the group. And that’s it!
How to Turn Off Notifications on Mobile Device
You can also turn off watch party notifications on your mobile device by following these steps:
- Open your Facebook app and click on the Notifications icon at the top of the page.
- Now you can see all your notifications on Facebook, click the three-dot next to the watch party notifications you got.
- Two options will be displayed on a pop-up menu, choose TURN OFF THIS TYPE OF NOTIFICATION FROM THIS GROUP.
- Then you will see a message that says you will no longer receive this notification type from this group. You will no longer receive such notifications and have some rest from watch party notifications.
- Or you can choose to visit your settings page by clicking the menu icon. Click on the Settings & Privacy option.
- Click on Settings, then scroll down the Settings page to find Notifications option
- On the notification page, you can then choose to turn off all notifications or individual notification. So hit the toggle button next to the watch party notifications to turn it off.
Now, you can stop getting annoying watch party notifications from groups and have your Facebook page back in order again.