How to Turn Off Facebook Game Notifications – Since Facebook Games and apps feature was rolled out, lots of users have been having a great time playing varieties of games on the platform.
Game and apps notification informs you about new games & apps available on Facebook and games your friends are playing too or apps they are using.
However, not everyone loves to play games on Facebook, and not everyone loves getting these notifications. If you are part of the group of people who hate receiving these notifications, then there’s good news for you, you can disable these notifications whenever you want.
You have control over the type of notifications you get on your Facebook account. And you can choose to disable or enable all notifications or some notifications.
The settings page gives you the option to control your Facebook notifications the way you want. So, you can decide to disable Games and Apps notifications on your Facebook page, and we will show you how to go about it. Pay attention to the guidelines below.
How to Turn off Facebook Game Notifications on A web Browser
Turning off Facebook Game notifications does not mean you cannot play Facebook games. However, you may not know about new games, trending games, or games your friends on playing; you will be totally blocked out from what is happening on the games and apps page unless you visit it.
Now, if you have been finding these games notifications rather disturbing and distracting, you can turn them off on your laptop or desktop by following these steps:
- Open your Facebook account on your computer through any browser of your choice.
- Click the downward-facing arrow at the top right side of your Facebook page.
- Then, click Settings on the menu page
- Click the Apps and Websites link on the left-hand column
- Then find the Games and Apps Notifications and tap the Edit link.
- Then finally click Turn Off to disable the notifications. And you are done, now you can use your Facebook app without getting annoying Game and app notifications.
Turn Off Game Notifications on Facebook Mobile
You can also block game and app notifications on your mobile device whenever you want by following these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device
- Click the three horizontal dots on your Facebook app (this is the menu icon)
- This would open the menu page, scroll down the page and click on Settings And Privacy
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the Security section and click on Apps And Websites
- Then toggle the Games and Apps Notifications settings to No.
Finally, if you don’t play Facebook games, then it is a great idea to turn off the game & apps notifications. This will help you protect your Facebook account from rogue apps or unwanted apps.
So, you can turn off game notifications whenever you want by following the steps we have shown you, and you can also turn it on whenever you change your mind.