How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications – Facebook is just the app you need to stay in touch with loved ones, connect with new people and get to know what’s happening around you and generally in the world.
So, most people love to stay connected on their Facebook and also stay in touch with the world, and notifications keep them a step closer to their Facebook account.
The notifications keep you aware of new posts, news, posts you were tagged in, friend requests, and more happening on the platform.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications
Facebook notifications can give you insights on what is happening on your Facebook while you are on other apps or busy with something else.
However, no matter how informative notifications can be, they can be a nuisance, especially when you have too many notifications from different apps.
There are different reasons you may want to turn off Facebook notifications, you may also be busy and do not want distractions from your Facebook account, or you need to be just off from the platform for the meantime.
So, how do you turn off your Facebook notifications when you no longer want them popping on your screen and distracting you?
How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications on Chrome
The process of disabling and customizing the kind of notifications you receive on Facebook is quite quick and easy. Just follow these steps to get it done:
- Log into your Facebook account through the chrome browser.
- Furthermore, once you log in to your account, click the arrow facing downward, which is located at the top-right corner of the screen. When you click on this, a drop-down menu of options will be displayed.
- Then navigate to the bottom of the list and click on SETTINGS. This will take you to your account customization page.
- Tap the NOTIFICATIONS option at the left-hand side of your settings screen. This will reveal notification settings for mobile, email, text, and email website notifications.
- Then you can click EDIT to turn off notifications.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notification on Mobile
If Facebook notifications are becoming unbearable on your Facebook app, you can turn it off by following these steps:
- First, open your Facebook app
- Then click the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top-right corner of your screen. A menu of options will be displayed, find the SETTINGS & PRIVACY option.
- Then click on the SETTINGS & PRIVACY option to open an additional sub-menu. Here, you will find the second SETTINGS that will redirect you to your Settings page.
- Scroll through the long list of options on the menu, and then, you will find the NOTIFICATIONS SETTINGS just under the NOTIFICATIONS header, which is at the bottom of the list. Once you tap this button, you can view all the notifications on your Facebook app.
- Finally, you get to see notifications from friends, groups, and other apps you use on-site. And you can turn off notifications for each option individually. Through this process, you can also select how you want to receive notifications-either through mail, text message, or mobile.
In conclusion, you can turn on or off Facebook notifications whenever you want by following the steps we have shown you.