How to Use Airbnb Services – Airbnb is an online marketplace that creates connections between guests looking for accommodation and hosts who want to rent out free spaces in their home. It is a marketplace that enables users list, discover, and book unique accommodations in various parts of the world.
Hosts can rent available spaces to travelers who are looking for places to lodge for a short period. This is a good way for participating hosts to make money from their properties, even though Airbnb is given some percentage.
Airbnb started out small, but now it has over millions of guests using the platform to find accommodation and millions of accommodations in various locations.
As a traveler, when you are looking for places to stay during holidays or travels, you can simply check out Airbnb site for available accommodations instead of researching hotels to visit.
It also has a feature that enables travelers to find certain tourism sites or local reservations through the site; this feature is just a small aspect of the platform.
How Does Airbnb Work?
This platform offers mostly accommodation services to travelers and also creates the opportunity for property owners to make money from leasing their property to these travelers for a short period, like a couple of days or months.
Hosts need to first create an account on the website before they can start listing out their spaces on the platform. You will have to register your accommodation listings on the platform and go through scanning and verification processes.
- You need to set up a profile and add your profile photo.
- It is necessary to check out the legal aspect of your lodgings. Find out the rules of renting in your area before proceeding to list your accommodation.
- Airbnb site has a CITY’S REGULATION PAGE that allows you to check out your city rules and how it applies to rent.
- List your items in the LIST YOUR ITEMS section, add necessary info about your accommodation listings such as description, type of accommodation, location, the capacity of the room, i.e. the number of guests it can accommodate.
- Set up your pricing list for your accommodation.
- Add photographs of the accommodation; you can use Airbnb free photography if your accommodation qualifies this service to be available to you.
- After getting the request to book your listings, you can now deal directly with the guest. You can even chat directly with them.
- Give guest important info about your listings, like the standard of the house and other specifications.
- Once your listings have been set up, Airbnb provides you with a 24/7 Support services which include insurance programs for home and experience, Rebooking assistance, refunds, reimbursements,$1 million Host Guarantee and safety services like a smoke detector, fire extinguishers, and first aid kit.
- Airbnb handles the payment aspect. However, your payment is released to you after 24 hours of guests check-in.
Airbnb Services for Guests / How Does It Work for Guests
Accommodations offered by Airbnb are cheaper than hotel accommodations, and you can access their services through the internet. Instead of searching endlessly for hotels in areas you are traveling to, you can simply visit the Airbnb site to find accommodation available for you
- Before you can use this platform for booking free accommodation spaces, you need to sign up and create a profile.
- You need to provide important details required by the site, go through verification processes by providing your pictures and ID.
- Once you have done this, you can browse through listings on the platform and make your selections. And also remember to add accurate info about the date of arrival and the number of guests.
- Just go through the Airbnb website, then search through the platform for accommodation using search filters like country, city, space, and number of guests to accommodate.
- Airbnb has a contact program that enables you to speak directly to the host. You can find a whole lot more about the accommodation and decide if it is to your specification.
- You can use the Instant Booking option to reserve your listings right away. However, if the host needs to approve this first you have to use the Request to Book option.
- The Request to Book option will require you first to add your payment details and wait for the host’s approval before you can book the accommodation.
- Finally, once you get the approval, you can then book the accommodation. Communicate with the host, and find out about things like keys to the rooms or apartments and other specifications. You can pay the host using payment options like PayPal, direct deposit, Western Union, and traditional paper check.
How to sign up to Airbnb / Create Airbnb Account
Signing up for Airbnb account is totally free and easy too. Before you can browse the listings of accommodations on Airbnb marketplace as a guest or before you can post listings of available accommodations for travellers to discover and book, you will need to create an Airbnb account.
To sign up, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Airbnb webpage, then click on the SIGNUP link
- This will prompt you to sign up using your Facebook account, Google account, or Email address.
- If you choose an email address, you will need to enter important info like your full name, date of birth, and other important personal info.
- Airbnb’s guests are required to enter their full name, email address, confirmed, phone number. Also, introductory messages, payment info, and agreement to the rules of the house.
- They are also required to pass through verification processes, which involves providing their ID before they can book spaces.
- It is not compulsory to add a profile photo to your account, but it is encouraged.
Airbnb Log In / How Do You Log Into Your Account
Logging in your account is very easy; just follow these steps:
- Go to Airbnb homepage
- Locate the Login the widget and click on LOG IN
- You can log in through your Facebook account or Google account by providing their login details.
- Or you can log in by providing your account details, such as email address and password.
Once you can log into your account as a host you can browse through listings, discover lodgings that are to your specifications and connect to hosts.
For hosts, accessing your account means you can post listings of your accommodation, connect with guests, and enjoy other Airbnb services.
In conclusion, since Airbnb started in 2009, and it has grown to become a billion-dollar business. Millions of people are visiting the platform to enjoy their services. If you have available space in your home, you can make money off it by posting the listings on Airbnb marketplace, and Guests can discover your listings and book.
For those who love traveling, you can stay at various locations of your choice at lower prices. Airbnb claims to be a trusted platform; hosts go through verification processes before they are allowed to make their listings. And you can also communicate directly with them before you book the accommodation.