Google meet has become one top best video chatting platform, which now makes it a rival to zoom video conferencing app. Google meet is a video-chatting platform which is basically designed for office and business use. And unlike other Google products, you need to pay for Google meet.
Google meet was initially only available to organizations using G-suite; however, it is now free for everyone due to the pandemic. Google meet is now free to every consumer, which means users can get to chat with over 100 other people on the platform. And users can also have access to other features like screen sharing, real-time capturing, scheduling, and others.
In order to start enjoying this free video-chatting platform, you are required to create a free Google account. Google meet has experienced a massive surge of users during this pandemic, making it zoom’s competitor.
Google meet also offers users default privacy protection and host of controls that enable users to control who joins video chat and also remove others from a video call. And you also have to be aware that videos will have a 60-minute cap which will not be enforced till Sept 30.
You can use this free video chatting service on meet.google.com or mobile apps on Android and iOS. Now, let’s show you how to use this amazing video-chatting platform.
How To Use Google Meet Video Conferencing App
To sign up for the free version of Google meet just follow these steps:
- Go to Google Meet page, then enter your email, name, country, and for basic use of google meet you will have to enter other info like education, government, business, or personal.
- Then Agree to Google’s term of service and click SUBMIT.
- After signing up, you can start using Google meet by doing the following:
- Go to Google meet website or open Google meet app on your Android or iOS device. Or you can simply start a meeting through Google calendar.
- Then Click START NEW MEETING or simply enter your meeting code.
- Then Choose the Google Account you want to use.
- Click JOIN MEETING this will enable you to add others to the meeting too.
- And that’s it! You can now have an amazing time video-chatting with friends, colleagues, clients, or business associates.
How Do I Join Google Meet Conference Call?
Google meet is now free for every user due to the corona Virus pandemic, so you can use this opportunity to keep in touch with friends.
To join Google meet call, you have to:
- Use the meeting code to join the meeting.
- Just Open the Google Meet app on your computer or mobile device. Then click on USE A MEETING CODE or ENTER A MEETING CODE.
- Once you have entered the code, you can join the meeting provided the meeting has started, and you can start chatting with your team.
- You can also join the meeting by clicking on links provided by the creator of the meeting.
- For this video chatting app to function properly, you need to allow Google Meet to access your phone’s microphone and camera when setting up the app.