PayPal has become a somewhat popular medium for Sending and receiving money online and has almost replaced the traditional method of transferring money.
Sending money to your friends or families far from you is made even easier with PayPal, and you can make online payments easily with your PayPal account. You can also shop with millions of merchants and sellers around the globe no matter where you are.
Now you don’t have to bother about going to banks to get your transactions done when you can easily get it done on your phone or computer with no stress at all. So it’s a great idea to learn how to use PayPal for various transactions.
PayPal makes it easy for you to purchase your favorite products online from eBay or other websites, purchase things from street stores, restaurants, and even gas stations.
Also, you can transfer money to your friends through their email address with your PayPal account and also receive money from them. PayPal is mostly free to use; you may have to pay only on a few occasions because of the exchange rate in currencies between the parties involved in the transactions.
But PayPal is famous for its free services and a high level of security that enables users to perform transactions without facing any security challenge. PayPal is available for some phone models and computers, and you can use
It also has debit and credit cards that work like the normal debit & credit cards, which you can use to make purchases and withdraw from your PayPal account.
Despite the difficulties PayPal has faced over the years, its popularity has gone far and wide; it can now boast of having over 100 million active accounts in 190 markets worldwide.
Now transfers can be made electronically from one computer to another which makes it easy for people to purchase things online without having to go through bank transaction methods.
You can also choose to connect your PayPal account to your bank accounts to enable you to withdraw money, use your PayPal debit card to make purchases, get cash from ATM, and even request a check through the mail.
Basically, you can make purchases, send and receive money with your devices without physically having to go banks to get them done. You can get transactions done from your comfort zones and purchase the product you need as quickly as you want.
HOW TO SET UP PAYPAL ACCOUNT
To start enjoying the services of PayPal; to enable you to pay for your transactions online with ease or send and receive cash through PayPal you need first to set up a PayPal account. We will walk you through the steps of creating a PayPal account; you can get your PayPal account set up in a few minutes by doing the following:
- Visit the PayPal website, or you can simply download the app and get it installed on your phone. The process of creating accounts on the app or through the website is quite the same.
- Then click SIGN UP FOR FREE or click SIGN UP to begin the account creation process. You can now choose the type of account you want, personal accounts are usually better for online shopping and sending or receiving money from friends and family. And business accounts are good options for individuals who wish to use PayPal for professional purposes. So you can choose which account suits your purpose for patronizing PayPal services.
- Then enter your email address and create a password, these details will enable you to have access to your account whenever you want.
- Once you have successfully created your password and confirmed it, you will be redirected to a new page where you will have to fill the form with your personal information to create the account.
- Entering your debit or credit card details is optional; you can just link it to your bank account first if you don’t wish to link it to your debit or credit card.
- You will need to enter your bank account information to enable you to receive money and transfer it to your bank account, but if you don’t wish to add bank details, you can skip it for the meantime.
- You can read the terms of service carefully; it is highly recommended that you do so before proceeding with the application process.
- Finally, you can click the APPLY NOW link on the page to conclude the process.
How to Use PayPal for Transactions
You can use your PayPal for varieties of purposes, depositing money to your own PayPal account, and sending money to others, receiving money from others or purchasing items online with ease.
To Transfer Money Via PayPal System
Having cash on your PayPal account is a very lovely idea, it can help you make quick transactions just with few taps of your finger. But if your PayPal account is empty and you wish to load it up with money you can do so by just logging into your account and clicking on TRANSFER MONEY option.
This enables you to transfer money simply from your bank account you linked to your PayPal account, to your PayPal wallet. You can also transfer money from your PayPal account to the bank account linked to your PayPal account. All you have to do is hit the TRANSFER button to get this done, but it usually takes one business day to be completed.
To Send Money to Others Through PayPal
PayPal has also made it easy to send money to your friends and family members or anyone at all through an electronic medium without having to stress yourself going to banks to get it done. To send money to someone:
- Log in to your account
- Click the TRANSFER MONEY option
- Enter the amount you wish to send and the email address of the person you wish to send money to
- Then finally tap SEND to get it done
To Make Online Purchases
The PayPal option of payment is available on many sites, so you can easily pay for online products you purchased on eBay or other sites with your PayPal account. To enable you to make online payments with your PayPal account simply:
- Click the PAYPAL LOGO on the site or PAY WITH PAYPAL button on the site
- Then you need to enter the email address associated with your PayPal account to get the transaction done.