LinkedIn is considered the largest professional networking platforms that connect millions of professionals all over the world. Users can create professional profiles to enable them to connect with old and new colleagues, find new business connections, discover new jobs, and discuss business ideas with other professionals.
Lots of professionals, popular business owners all have business profiles on the platform, and you can find them using the LinkedIn search tool.
The search bar at the top of the LinkedIn page allows you to find jobs, posts, companies, and profiles on the platform.
All you have to do is select the search results from the drop-down menu that appears as you type or submit your own search result. Furthermore, LinkedIn search is simply a feature that allows you to find available search results on the platform.
How to Use the LinkedIn Job Search Tool
Using the LinkedIn search feature is easy and definitely gets you the result you want.
Follow these steps to run a search on LinkedIn:
- Locate the search bar at the top of the page, then enter the keyword you want.
- You can then select the search suggestions that appear as you type or you can submit your search and click the SEARCH icon.
- As you type the keywords for your search, related results will pop up, then you select from there, or you can run your own complete search till you find what you are specifically looking for.
- If the company’s page you are looking for or profile you are looking for is on the page, then it will appear on the drop-down menu.
- The search results page has various categories, and they include ALL, PEOPLE, JOBS, CONTENT, COMPANIES, GROUPS, SCHOOLS and you can click on any of these categories to search for specific things under each of them.
- LinkedIn also has a new search filter that makes your search experience better; it has most frequently used search filters which are available at the top of your page. These frequently used search filters are Locations, Connections, and Current Companies.
- To access All search filters, you can click on the All tabs, People tab or Job tab
- Finally, to have a customized search experience simply click any search filter you want from the pop-up window, then click APPLY.
How to Run Job Search on LinkedIn
You can find and apply for jobs on LinkedIn, it is a professional networking platform that allow professions to connect with each other, and you can find companies in need of your professionalism from this platform. Companies or recruiters post jobs opportunities, and you can find them when you search for them on LinkedIn.
To search for jobs on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Click the JOB icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Type a specific job title, or company’s name using the right keyword.
- You can also use the Search location field to find jobs in your desired location. Just type the city name, state name, province name or country name, then a drop-down list will appear, select your desired location.
- Then click SEARCH
- You can narrow down your search by using search filters like Date Posted, Company’s Name, Experience level, and LinkedIn feature like Easy Apply, Under 10 Applicants, and others.
- You can view the job details when you click on the job Title, find out how long it has been posted and other details.
- Then click on Easy Apply or Apply to apply for the job. Then follow the prompts to apply for the job.
- Click SAVE JOBS at the top of the job post to access the job later.
How to Find People on LinkedIn
If you need to find business associates, role models, and people with similar business interests or experts on a particular field on LinkedIn, you can run searches on them and find them.
To search for a person on a LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Use the search bar at the top of the page, then enter the specific keyword for the person you are searching for.
- From the drop-down menu of search suggestions that appear, select the person you are looking, then click the Search icon.
- You get to see the list of related results as you type; furthermore, you can select from there too.
- You can also search for people using their company name or job title.
- Enter any info you know about that person if you do not know their full name.
- When you do not type a name on the search bar after clicking on it, a drop-down with various options will appear, select SEARCH FOR PEOPLE WITH FILTERS from the menu; this will take you to the PEOPLE category.
- Just click on the People’s tab and narrow your search by using search filters.
- You can use search filters like Current Company’s name to find the member you are in search of.
- Then you can click APPLY.
- Finally, when you find the person you are looking for, you view their profiles and send them messages or emails.
In summary, before you can conduct all kinds of searches on LinkedIn, you may be required to create a LinkedIn account. LinkedIn search feature enables you to find people, jobs, companies, and posts of your choice right on LinkedIn. It is quite easy and simple; just follow the steps we have shown you.
You can use the LinkedIn search option to find people in your professional network and connect with them. You can also find job opportunities on the platform and apply directly to the employer. LinkedIn is a large networking platform, and the search feature is one of its most used and most important features.