Lyft vs Uber – Lyft and Uber are both transportation systems that were developed as alternatives to local taxi operations; they were both launched in 2012 and ever since have been in some sort of competition.
Customers can’t stop trying to find which is better and what makes one stand out from the other brand. Both transport systems are ride-sharing services that are both technologically advanced, so customers have to request for rides using their apps and pay at the end of the trip using the app too.
These brands share a whole lot of similarities; they both connect drivers to customers, payment is made through the app, and the payment calculation depends on both distance and time.
But are there differences between these two platforms? Is one actually better than the other? Lyft vs Uber? Well, let’s find out…
Which is Cheaper, Uber vs Lyft?
The cost of services is one parameter we would use to analyze these two ride-sharing services; this is because most individuals are concerned about the cost of services.
People are likely to go for the brand that actually costs less than the other; however, the cost for both services are dependent on some factors.
Customers get an estimated amount they have to pay for their trip; however, factors like location, time and local traffic determine the cost of services.
The pricing of these two platforms are almost the same, and they both offer its customers discounts to enjoy rides at a reduced price.
Some Differences between Lyft and Uber
Though these two platforms are quite similar and offer the same kind of services, there are still some differences that make Lyft and Uber unique in their own way.
- While Uber is considered to be more of a corporate ride, driven by well-dressed drivers in black cars and SUVs, Lyft is a casual ride with friendly drivers, and it also featured pink Moustaches and fist bumps.
- Passengers are encouraged to sit in front in Lyft rides, but Uber encourages its customers to sit at the back of the car, and the drivers are not as chatty as Lyft drivers.
- Uber has a global presence and widely available in different cities in the world; Lyft is, however, only available in North America.
- Uber is a better option to go for when you want to impress a client; it is sleek and classic, however, if you want to have a friendly conversation with the driver while enjoying your trip, Lyft is the option to go for.
- Now passengers can rate drivers using the app; however, while Uber drivers get to their ratings on the app, Lyft drivers have to check theirs by contacting the company.
Both platforms offer similar services and work in this same way, users get to use the app to request for rides, they get matched up with a driver, and you can track drivers using the real-time map, and you get to pay for services at the end of the ride through the app.
Also, both platforms offer passengers the opportunity to rate drivers after rides on a scale of 1 to 5 and also add a tip at the end of the ride. Users are also given the vehicle options to select from and get matched up with drivers in their desired vehicle type.
Finally, both Lyft and Uber are great ways to move around in your city easily, while saving time and energy, now it is up to you to choose which works better for you.