To permanently delete Facebook account is not a big deal, in fact, it’s pretty straightforward. In this article, Tecrada.com will guide you through the step by step procedure to permanently delete Facebook profile.
For whatever reason, one may need to delete his/her Facebook account and Facebook has also made the option handy for users. However, there’s a difference between deactivating your Facebook account and to permanently delete Facebook account. We’ll also explain the two to you in this article.
Permanently delete Facebook or deactivate Facebook account – the difference?
Both deactivating and permanently delete Facebook account helps you achieve the aim of going offline. However, to explain further Deactivating entails;
- Facebook users cannot search and find you on Facebook
- Some information like messages you’ve sent to people might still remain visible
- In the future, you can still reactivate your Facebook account if you desire
- And finally, to help easy your reintegration when you reactivate, Facebook saves some of your account info like your friend list etc.
On the other hand, when you permanently delete Facebook, this means;
- You can never regain access to the Facebook account
- Because Facebook messages are stored on messenger app, your previous messages to friends will remain active
- Your log records will remain in Facebook’s database but according to Facebook, it’ll not be associated with you.
- Now because of the sensitivity of the action (permanently delete Facebook), it can potentially take up to 90 days for your data to be fully deleted from the backup system.
- The deletion process delays for a few days and if you for whatever reason log in during this period, the process will be canceled.
So for clarification; deactivating your Facebook account is like a way to cool off or take a break from the platform until you decide to come back. But to permanently delete Facebook means you’re totally going off the Facebook community.
How to permanently delete Facebook
If you’ve decided to go this route, visit this link, you’ll be required to input your password and might be asked for a few more details. After you done that, the account deletion process starts.
It’s advisable to download any vital information you might need in the future before you permanently delete Facebook. To do this follow this steps;
- While logged into your account, click on the account menu located at the top right corner of your browser.
- Click on the option to “download a copy of your Facebook data” which is located at the bottom of the account settings option.
- Choose the option “start my archive”
If you’ve followed this steps, your data will be immediately downloaded.
How to deactivate Facebook account
As already mentioned, Facebook has made it really easy to deactivate your account if you need to. The following steps help you get it done;
- Click on the account menu option at the top right corner
- Select settings and choose security option
- Then deactivate your account from there
Note: whenever you’re ready to reactivate your Facebook account, simply log into Facebook with your e-mail and password. Your profile will be automatically reinstated.