Slack App – Slack is another messaging app colleagues that teams seem to be excited about. You are probably wondering what this App is all about and why everyone seems to be talking about it. Pay close attention to this article to learn more about this App.
Teams and co-workers are always looking for the best platforms for collaboration, a place all team members can communicate better as a team.
Lots of collaborative apps have come and gone, but Slack seems to be just what everyone has been waiting for.
What is Slack?
Slack App is simply an instant messaging app with steroid features that enables team members to collaborate and communicate better as a team.
Slack has awesome features like Channels, Private Channels, Direct messages, Search, Sharing file, Notifications, and Preferences.
So, you have everything the team needs to work better together.
- Channels enable you to organize and separate messages, notifications, and discussions based on topics, departments, and others. This way, you don’t get it all mixed up.
- Private Channels make it easy to create private chat forums for sensitive topics. So, team members can join discussions only through invites.
- You can send direct messages to one person instead of groups.
- The Slack App also enables you to share all kinds of files with your team members, which is one crucial aspect of team collaboration.
- The Search feature enables you to find key information with ease.
- Notifications keep you up to date with what is going on in your slack App. You can also prioritize your slack notifications based on channels, keywords, and others to avoid getting confused. This is useful when notifications become too much for you to handle.
- Slack also provides robust preference features that useful to both individuals and the company. So, employees can customize the App to suit them while the owner has overall control of the solution.
Which Devices Are Compatible With Slack App
Slack workspace is compatible with Android devices, IOS devices, Windows phones and also offers apps for Mac, Linux (beta) and Windows.
There are also dozens of apps slack works with, so you can just set up an integration to enable you to use these apps’ features on Slack.
For example, you can set up an integration of Slack with Skype so that you can make video calls with your team members. It also works with services like Mail-chimp, Google calendar, new relic, and more.
Slack Sign In and Sign Up
If you want to sign up as an administrator, then you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Slack website and enter your email address to sign up.
- Select a name for your slack team. Something professional or something your team can relate to.
- Then edit the URL to your slack team. You can add your slack team name to the URL to make it unique.
- Choose a username for yourself
- Then enter the emails of your colleagues or associates that you want to add to the slack team.
- The slack team chat will star in a window; then, you can follow the on-screen instructions to learn the basics of the platform.
- Team members can join by clicking the invite link sent to their email. Then they can add a username and password to start using the platform.