Sony PS 5 2020 – As anticipated, the PS5 (or PlayStation 5) is finally here! On the 11th June 2020, Sony, in its ‘The Future of Gaming Event,’ finally revealed the PS5, and we are thrilled to bring its amazing features to you. Sony also showed trailers for some of its first games like Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-man: Miles Morales, etc.
The excitement and the wait was definitely worth it as the new PS5 design is amazing. In ‘The Future of Gaming Event,’ one standout for many is that the future of gaming console will be all-digital and a welcomed shift from physical media (disc drive).
Although Sony did not reveal the PS5 price and PS5 release date yet, we now know for sure what to expect when the new PlayStation 5 launches later this year.
Earlier this year, Sony revealed the DualSense PS5 controller and its impressive features, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and a built-in mic. One standout from the DualSense Sony PS 5 2020 controller is the radical change in color scheme to a space-age black-and-white; interestingly, the PS5 console has a similar look.
Key facts about the PS5
- PS5 is the next-gen PlayStation console, replacing the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.
- The ps5 release is expected “Holiday 2020” in the US, according to Sony, so between October and December 2020.
- The PS5 is loaded with some fantastic games, including new Spider-Man entry, a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Resident Evil 8, and many more to come.
- The next-gen console will be compatible with current PSVR hardware, but there are also rumors of PSVR 2. And here’s a piece of fantastic news, The PS5 will be backward compatible with “almost all” PS4 games. This means the PS5 will support the majority of the top 100 PS4 games, according to Sony’s Mark Cerny.
- The ps5 price is not yet revealed, but rumors suggest it’ll be around the $499 mark.
- According to Sony, COVID-19 will not delay the release of the PS5; it is still on course for a “Holiday 2020” release in its end of year financial report.
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- I/O throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (for PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
Confirmed Features of Sony PS 5 2020
In ‘The Future of Gaming Event,’ Sony revealed that the PlayStation 5 consoles will have two (2) versions, the standard edition with a 4K Blu-ray disc drive, and a slimmer, disc-free Digital Edition. Both versions will come with a USB-c charging for their controllers, a new PS5 wireless headset, and a media remote.
Now let’s see what this new console is capable of doing:
- It’ll come with expandable storage, but if you want to use an NVME Drive, you need Sony’s validation. This would enable you to use this console.
- Supports backward compatibility, which means it supports PS4 titles, and you can play PS4 games on your PS5 console.
- It won’t be digital-only, it would also support physical media like the current form of discs.
- Also, games may be released on both PS4 and PS5 at the same time. And some titles may be cross-gen.
- Game installations will also be configurable. This means players can remove a single-player campaign without removing the multiplayer, depending on the game developer option. Games installations are configurable due to the way the SSD works.
- The SSD-only solution that is associated with PS5 means that developers no longer have to duplicate data to make a standard 5400 RPM to read faster. This means that the Games will be smaller or better optimized. However, it is left for the developer to use the space to shrink the size of the game or create larger games or a more detailed game world.
- It will also have cloud functionality
- PS5 PSVR support, such as the headset, has been confirmed. Also, this new headset may have two front and one rear camera. And it would also have an additional camera that is on a Move-style Controller. The headset is also wireless.
- The PS5 screen will more dynamic. Displaying missions and allowing players to choose activities in real-time.
- Developers will have more control over primitives, triangles, and geometry, culling through its Geometry Engine.
You can watch the Sony PS 5 2020 Hardware Reveal Trailer here…
The PS5 tagged Sony’s next-gen console is the current wave, like most gamers, we can’t wait to start enjoy the new console. We hope you enjoyed learning what to expect when the PS5 finally gets to the market. We’ll keep our ears and eyes open and will be bringing you more PS5 news when we get them.