Steam Hide Games from Friends – Steam is one of the largest distribution platforms for PC games with over 100 million users. Your games are visible on Steam by default which means there are lots of prying eyes on the games you are playing.
And this has got lots of people looking for ways to hide their gameplay activity on the platform. Hiding your gameplay activity on the platform is rather easy and also convenient.
It is important to note that hiding and removing games are totally different. There are ways to restore your hidden games, however, you can never get back games you’ve deleted.
So, if you are concerned about having your steam games exposed to the public, you can simply decide to Steam Hide Games from Friends and we will show ways to get this done.
How to Hide Games in Your Steam Library
To hide games in your Steam library you will need to do the following:
- Open the Steam Client On PC or Mac
- Once there, Click On the “Library” tab at the top
- Then right-Click On the game you want to hide. Then click on “Manage”>” Hide This Game” To hide the game.
- Then the game will no longer be visible on your Library.
Restoring Hidden Games to Your Library
Your hidden games remain hidden and not deleted, so you don’t have to fret about not seeing them on the Steam Library. You can easily restore hidden games to your library by doing the following;
- To Start, Click On the “View” menu at the top of the Steam client.
- Then select “Hidden Games” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Once this is done you should be able to see your hidden games.
How to Hide Games from Your Steam Profile
The games you have been playing and how much time you’ve spent playing them are often listed out on your Steam profile. If you wish to keep your gameplay information hidden from your Steam profile you have to:
- Hover over your username on the top bar, Then Click on Your Profile.
- Then click the “Edit Profile” option to edit your profile.
- Click On “My Privacy Settings” to gain access to steam privacy options.
- From here you can adjust privacy settings to determine who gets to see the steam games you are playing.
- Set “Game Details” to “Private” to prevent anyone, even your friends from seeing your Gameplay information.
- You can also decide to set the “My Profile “ option to Private. This way your entire profile will be invisible to others. You can select “Friends only” to make your profile visible to only your friends.
Hide Gameplay Activities from Steam Chat
You can go offline or invisible on steam chat if you don’t want your friends to get a notification that you have started playing a game.
To do this:
- Click the “Friends and Chat” option in steam
- Click Your “Username” Then Choose “Offline or invisible”.
Your friends won’t find out you are playing the game, however, the information would still appear on your profile page.