Unblock Facebook Friend – Facebook is a platform where you meet lots of people and connect with your old friends; varieties of people exist on this platform, including trolls and abusive people.
The Block option gives you the ability to defend yourself against these set of users by unfriending them and blocking them from being part of anything happening on your Facebook account.
They can’t tag you, view or like your post, send you messages or add you as a friend, they are totally shut away from your Facebook account. But what happens when you decide to become friends again with someone you have blocked, blocking someone on Facebook is pretty easy, but how about unblocking them. We will show you the steps you need to unblock your Facebook friend.
How to Unblock Facebook Friend on Facebook App
When you unblock a person on Facebook, you can’t automatically become their friends just by unblocking them; you will need to send them friend requests.
You can become friends with them after 48 hours of unblocking them. Let’s show you how to unblock your Facebook friend on your Facebook app:
- Open your Facebook app
- Then click the
three horizontalline icon at the bottom left of your app.
- Select SETTINGS from
the listof options, then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- Scroll down and click on BLOCKING, this will enable you to see the list of people you have blocked.
- Click the UNBLOCK option beside the name of the Facebook friend you wish to unblock.
- A pop-up will appear, click UNBLOCK again to confirm it.
How to Unblock Facebook Friend through Facebook Website
To unblock someone through the Facebook website, follow these easy steps:
- Visit the official webpage of Facebook, then log into your account
- Click on the small arrow at the top right corner of your Facebook page
- Select SETTINGS
- On the left part of your Settings page, Click on BLOCKING
- Then scroll down to BLOCK USERS
- You will see a list of people you have blocked
- Click UNBLOCK next to the name of the friend you want to unblock.
- Then click CONFIRM to conclude the steps.
How to Unblock Facebook Friend on Messenger
If you have blocked your Facebook friend on messenger, you can’t connect with them on messenger.
To enable them to send you messages, follow these steps to unblock them:
- Open your messenger app and click your photo icon at the top left corner.
- Scroll down and click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- On the Account Settings page, click on BLOCKING
- You can see a list of people you have blocked below the text box where you add names of people who wish to block.
- Click UNBLOCK beside the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Click the blue UNBLOCK option to Confirm it.
Important Things You Need To Know About Unblocking Facebook Friends
There are important things you need to know about unblocking a Facebook friend.
- First, you can’t automatically become friends with friends you blocked by just unblocking them. You will need to send a separate friend request if you want to have them back as your Facebook friend.
- Once you unblock them, they can view your Facebook posts, tag you, invite you to events, send you messages, and be a part of activities happening on your Facebook page.
- You cannot block
these friendsagain until after some days.
Most people know how to block their friends on Facebook, but unblocking them is a different case. You could have blocked them accidentally, or because they abused or annoyed you, whatever your reasons are, unblocking those friends is easy. We have given you guidelines on how to unblock Facebook friends you want to be friends with again.