Verify Facebook Account – The verification badge next to your profile or page is confirmation of your authenticity on Facebook.
The verification badge is issued to accounts that represent a public figure, celebrity, or global brand. As a business owner, the verification badge can be useful for promoting your brand by increasing the credibility of your brand.
Furthermore, the verification badge gives your business an edge over other businesses. The verification badge helps to reassure people that they are visiting a real organization or brand.
There are two ways to Verify Facebook Account – the grey color and the blue one. The blue badge can not be attained by everyone except public figures, Media Companies or brands, and celebrities on Facebook. However, the grey badge can be attained by almost every business page on Facebook.
Requirements for Applying for a Facebook Account Verification
There are certain factors you need to meet before you can be considered eligible to have a verification badge on your account or page this includes;
- The Account must be authentic. This means that your account must represent a real person, business, or brand. If it’s a fake account, then take your mind off getting a verification badge.
- You must have an active account. The account must have an about section, you must have at least one post or more, and you must have a profile photo.
- Your Account must be unique
- It must be a notable account. This means that your account must belong to either a popular person, a frequently searched person or a brand or entity.
How to Get Verified on Facebook
Facebook page verification involves the following easy steps:
- Click Settings at the top right corner
- Click PAGE VERIFICATION then VERIFY THIS PAGE
- Then fill out the form with the appropriate information
- Then Click CALL ME NOW to get your verification code from Facebook
- Then enter the 4-digit verification code and click CONTINUE
- Alternatively, you can also upload a document to verify your Facebook page. Just ensure the document contains necessary business information.
How Do You Get a Facebook Account Grey Verification Badge?
The grey verification badge can be attained by almost every business page on Facebook, unlike the blue verification badge. For your page to be eligible to get this badge:
- You must be the admin of the page
- The page must be published
- Your page must have some contents posted on it
- It must have a profile picture and cover photo
- To ensure that your page will be verified try to add a link of your website on the Facebook page
- Also, add link of your personal page to your business page
- Add other necessary information about your business on the about section. Just make sure the “About Section” is completed with the right business information.
- You can also add your personal address, or you can add the post-code or city where your business is located instead if you are concerned about your privacy.
The verification badge lets people know the authenticity of your presence on Facebook, which helps to increase the credibility of your page. The process to Verify Facebook Account isn’t so hard and you can get it easily if you are eligible.