Verify Facebook Page – A verification badge can help to increase the credibility of your Facebook business/fan page. As a business or brand owner, you need this badge to help you gain trust from your customers and also promote your business better on Facebook.
Facebook verification badge comes in two tiers- the Blue Verification badge and the grey one. Both verification badges can help you appear in search results, which makes it easy for potential customers to find you. Furthermore, both small and large brands can get this verification badge if they are eligible.
The blue verification badge is for public figures, large companies or brands, Media Companies, and celebrities while the grey badge is for smaller or local businesses. Both badges help to assure people that your account is authentic and that your brand is a real organization.
How Do You Make Your Facebook Page Eligible for Verification?
Not every Facebook account is eligible for verification but if you work on your account and keep to Facebook’s requirements, you can Verify Facebook Page by following these tips to make your page eligible:
- Ensure your page is professional, endeavor to add all the necessary business information on your Facebook account. The account should have an official representation of your business page and must have a standard business page outlook. There must be a profile photo and cover photo, and add enough information on the about section. Only post contents that are related to your brand and avoid posting unprofessional information.
- Furthermore, you have to ensure your page has all your business information; website, email address, bio and descriptions are all essential. Facebook reviews your business information to see if your page is eligible.
- Make sure you link your business page to your official website
- Then you need to provide all the necessary details on the about section. Information like Address or Addresses, phone number, company overview, and mission statement.
How Do You Apply For Facebook Page Verification
If you feel that your page is eligible for verification then you can apply for it by following these steps:
- Just click on the Settings page on your Facebook account Go to the General menu and click on the Page Verification option
- Then Click On Verify This Page and Click on Get Started
- Then you will be given two options: Option for Instant Verification and Option for More Detailed Verification Process.
- If you choose the option for instant verification, you get the choice to have Facebook call the number you posted on your business page. Then you will be given a Verification code by Facebook and you will enter the code in the box Facebook provides. After that, you will get the Facebook verification badge.
- However, If you choose the option for a More detailed Verification process, you will need to upload a document. You will be prompted to upload a picture that contains your business information when you click the more button.
- Finally, once Facebook receives this business information validating your business, they will either confirm or reject your application. This process takes 45-48 hours.
In conclusion, the Verification badge is definitely worth having since it is an added advantage to your business and helps to increase its credibility on Facebook.