Vivint Doorbell Camera not working – Owning a Vivint camera can be of great advantage to your home security, especially if you are safety conscious or weary of your neighborhood.
Vivint Smart Home app makes it easy for you to monitor activities happening outside your home and save live feeds of such happenings. A Vivint camera is an awesome device to own, but it can be very frustrating when you don’t know how to go about operating the device. Most users run out of options on what to do when the Vivint doorbell camera is not working.
There’s no need to get all worked up if you are facing this difficulty because we are right here to show you how to get your camera back on track.
What to do When Vivint Doorbell Camera not working
It is not a cause for alarm when your Vivint camera is offline or not working; you can simply try these methods to get it working again.
- Try Rebooting the panel: This takes 10-15 minutes and must be completed at home. To reboot your panel, tap the MENU icon at the bottom right corner of the Home screen. Tap DEVICES under SMART HOME SETTINGS, then enter your pin. Then tap DISPLAYS, then tap on the panel you want to reboot. Tap REBOOT and finally tap YES to confirm.
- Restart your Camera: If you notice that your camera is offline, you can try restarting the Camera. Just unplug the Camera for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Unplug your Camera’s Ethernet card from any WiFi bridge it is connected to. You can locate this at the outlet near the Camera; you can plug it back after 30seconds of unplugging it.
- Ensure the Camera has power: You must make sure the security camera plugged into a working outlet; this could be the reason it is not working. You can check if the outlet is working by simply testing another device into the same outlet. If this device does not receive power, then the problem is from the outlet; you should try restoring power to it.
- Restart your Router: The problem could be from your router, so you need to unplug it for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Restart all your routers if you have multiple routers, and if you have separate modems, restart them as well.
How do I Activate my Vivint Camera?
To activate your Camera playback, you can simply follow these steps:
- Click the CAMERA icon on the menu bar of your Vivint Home app.
- Then Tap the Settings gear at the upper right corner
- Choose the Camera you want to enable its playback. Then tap recording.
- Toggle on the playback option to turn it on or off. You can also view a list of your cameras and their playback status by clicking Show All Playback Cameras.
So, whenever your Vivint Doorbell Camera not working, you can simply try out these methods to get your Camera working again. These easy steps should get your Camera back on track.