What is the WePay Payment Gateway?
The WePay Payment Gateway is an online payment processing platform that offers users the opportunity to send and receive money internationally. WePay also offers its services to other top online platforms such as crowdfunding sites, marketplaces, and small business software companies.
When funds are processing, WePay makes money by charging service fees. They handle different transactions for businesses that partner with them and guarantee them fraud and risk protection.
How to Setup a WePay Payment Gateway
To get a seamless process to make credit card payments and donations, then setting up a WePay account is a wise thing to do. If you’ve never used WePay and create your first campaign, a WePay account will be created for you automatically. It’s very fast and easy to set up a WePay account, just follow the steps below:
- To create a WePay account, go to the registration page and click on sign up for a new account and fill the details required of you. Be sure to read and check-off the terms of service. After you finish doing that then, click Grant Access.
- To confirm if your account has been set up, go the email address you submitted to WePay and look for a confirmation email. When you see the confirmation email, open it and click the confirm your email button. Ensure you verify the information given.
- A thank you note will appear on the screen.
- Enter your bank account details if you want WePay to deposit revenue into your bank account.
Be sure to complete the setup of your WePay account within 30 days after making your first contributions to avoid having your account disabled by WePay.
How to Activate a WePay Account
The WePay account is activated when the account has been set up. To activate your account:
- Scroll to the upper right corner and tap the Settings button there.
- Then, proceed to select the “Trust Center tab.” This will kick start the process.
- Click to do the basic account verification.
- The next step is to choose the account’s mode of operation either as personal, business, or non-profit use.