Facebook Business Account – With over 2 billion users on Facebook, Facebook is ranked as one of the most popular social media platforms and most powerful e-marketing platforms.
Over the years, it has evolved from just a simple platform for sharing photos and going through news feed to a relevant e-commerce platform.
It is no longer news that lots of businesses have become successful due to the impact of Facebook on the growth of their business.
This means you are missing out on a whole lot if your business is not on Facebook, nevertheless it is not too late to start your business on the platform.
To start your business, you need to have a business page, and we will show you how to create one.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page
Before you can create a business account, you must first have a Facebook page, to create a Facebook page, follow these steps:
- Locate your menu bar on your personal account, then click on CREATE A PAGE
- From the drop-down menu on the create option, click on PAGE
- Choose a specific business type from the available options; the options often include local business or place, brand or product, cause, or community. Select the business type for your page.
- Enter your business information, choose a business name, and choose a business category that explains what your business offers.
- Upload profile photo for your page, you can upload your business logo or any image that portrays your brand and makes your business easy to identify. Use the right size of the photo for your image.
- Upload a cover photo for your business, which is the background image for your Facebook business page.
- Configure some aspects of your business page, add shortcuts to enable you to access your business page easily from your Facebook account.
- You have to also configure the preferred audience for your page to help you define your target audience based on Age, Places, Gender, Interests, and Language.
- Invite friends to like the page as prompted by Facebook; you can invite friends from your personal account.
- Then include other additional business details, enter your website, hours and contact information,
- Add important info on the ABOUT section to give readers useful info about your business.
- Then click the blue plus icon ADD A BUTTON below your business page cover photo, you can choose one of the add a button option to act as your Facebook page call-to-action, which can help you generate more leads and also increase sales. You can either choose: Book with You, Contact You, Learn More, and Shop with you or Make a donation, or Download your app or Play your game.
How to Create a Business Account on Facebook
In summary, a Facebook business account is quite a convenient tool for growing your business on Facebook and reaching your target audience.
Your business account helps you focus on business away from the fun on your personal account and helps grow your business.
You can easily set up your business account once you are done with creating your business page, to create a business account:
- Go to a Facebook business homepage
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT
- Log into your personal Facebook account, logging in through your Facebook account; it’s just a way for Facebook to confirm your identity.
- Enter the name of your business, choose the home page and click CONTINUE
- Then enter your personal info such as your name and business email on the CREATE PROFILE link
- Then click FINISH, you will then be directed to the welcome screen of your business manager.
- That’s all, and your business account is ready, you can go to the setup guide for other functions on your business manager account.
Facebook is fast becoming one of the largest e-commerce platforms, take advantage of this to grow your business.
The world has gone digital, businesses are now done on online platforms, and Facebook plays a major role in this.
Creating a business page and business account is quite easy, and you can start promoting your brand through them.